Giant Spider eats Bird

-
I've seen spiders nearly that big...and I managed to subdue them with a combination of small arms fire and hand to hand tactics...but I wouldn't do it again

That picture is pretty deceiving. That is not so much a giant spider as it is a very small bird. That is a Golden Orb Weaver spider. They do not exceed 5 inches in length. There are FAR larger spiders than that. Goliath Bird Spiders are known to reach nearly a foot in legspan. Here is an average-sized female:

tb.jpg

That picture is pretty deceiving. That is not so much a giant spider as it is a very small bird. That is a Golden Orb Weaver spider. They do not exceed 5 inches in length. There are FAR larger spiders than that. Goliath Bird Spiders are known to reach nearly a foot in legspan. Here is an average-sized female:

tb.jpg

Now...from the looks of the photo...did you happen to get mugged by the spider?

If I saw either of those spiders it's straight to the 12 ga. Then the power washer, yeeeecchh!

thats discusting, i hate spiders id be hiring a hitman to take that thing out!!! (im arachifobic so i wouldnt get anywhere near it lol)

If I saw either of those spiders it's straight to the 12 ga. Then the power washer, yeeeecchh!

that is exactly what i was thinking. Unfortunatly my gun is a single shot, I might need more than one because i am NOT getting very close to something that creepy.

-
Back