Girdle Kit and Windage Tray

-

Jax

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can the Hughes Girdle Kit be used together with the Windage MOPAR kit?

If not is there any windage tray available top work with the Hughes Girdle Kit?

Thanks

Please do tell us this is a $10,000 + (in drive train) , 5-600 hp + all out wrinkle wall slicks wheel standing dragstrip car!?? If not, it's just overkill. :coffee2:

This is the picture of the car. Plymouth Conquest 8.50 IHRA Certified.

In this picture it used to run a MITSU 2.0 Liter engine running mid 8.50's.

Now, I own the car and it will be powered by a small block stroker 410.

I am shooting for 500 to 600 HP.

This is the reason I am using a girdle kit, but would like to know which windage tray can be fit with it.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Conquest forum.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 203
Jax IMO you'd be better spending the money for a girdle on steel main caps, ARP studs and an align hone. Again, IMO block flex is a bigger enemy to high hp (600hp ish) small blocks than cap walk and a girdle is no help there. I'm not convinced that girdles help with cap walk either.

All I have is ARP main studs. No windage tray or girdle, stock caps and no hard block. 1973 340 block (394 ci). Made 662 hp/ 533 tq on pump gas. I have made probably 200 passes (1/8) and a lot of street miles.
I like your Conquest. I always wanted to build one but built a D50.

All I have is ARP main studs. No windage tray or girdle, stock caps and no hard block. 1973 340 block (394 ci). Made 662 hp/ 533 tq on pump gas. I have made probably 200 passes (1/8) and a lot of street miles.
I like your Conquest. I always wanted to build one but built a D50.

I own a D50 as well... LOL... But is just for personl use.

What times are you running in your D50? any pics?

I have a 410 stroker and didn't use the windage tray (i have one) with an eight quart oilpan it didn't seem necessary. It's not like the crank is dipping in the oil. I use arp head bolts, but my machine shop said mopar mains are plenty strong. I'm a nother not convinced enough to buy a stud gerdle.

the problem is that the studs supplied with the girdle do not have provisions for fasteners to attach the windage tray to (I suppose one could mess around with finding some that would work).....instead I just went with a crank scraper....

I own a D50 as well... LOL... But is just for personl use.

What times are you running in your D50? any pics?

6.21@ 110, 1.33 60 ft.@ 2950 lbs. All motor, Thinking about spraying around 100 shot on this year. Street legal , mufflers and Drag Radials.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 157
  • photo 1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 138
6.21@ 110, 1.33 60 ft.@ 2950 lbs. All motor, Thinking about spraying around 100 shot on this year. Street legal , mufflers and Drag Radials.

Sweet ride.....

-
Back