Give me some ideas for the dash panel

-

jcolman

Reaction score
Curently, on my car, the area outlined in red is painted....at not all that well. Looks like whoever did the job left some runs and drips. I could sand it down and repaint it but I'm also looking for other ideas. I'd really like to cover it with some sort of vinyl fabric (similar to leather) but I can't find anyone who makes it for this area of the dash. The center console is gone, replaced by a manual and boot, so I don't want any wood grain. Thoughts?

MGi57Cj.jpg

It doesn't exactly answer your question, but why not scuff it up and re-shoot with SEM Trim black? A careful mask job will ensure no overspray gets anywhere. I did the dash in my 68 Dart in placce like that.

It doesn't exactly answer your question, but why not scuff it up and re-shoot with SEM Trim black? A careful mask job will ensure no overspray gets anywhere. I did the dash in my 68 Dart in placce like that.
Would love to see a photo if you have one

Sorry for the awful photo, but I can't get the lighting good enough for a decent photo, plus the 68 lower pad covers most of the dash frame.

upload_2022-3-18_15-33-49.png

Here's the same paint on my 66 Dart dash. Look up SEM Trim Black. It's great stuff for a rattle can - flows great, dries quick, and smells delicious.

upload_2022-3-18_15-42-11.png

Just went through this same process with my 72 Scamp. I ended up sanding the dash down to bare metal and primed/painted the dash frame with SEM Ultra Black Matte and Landau Black for the bezels.

-
Back