Glad I didn't throw it away

-

'74 Sport

Reaction score
Aaron and I have been freshening up an 8-3/4" '69 Charger rearend to put under his '74 Duster. When we trial-fitted a new set of rear hard brake lines, they didn't appear to be bent correctly to line up with the brass "T" on the end of the flexible brake hose (the one bolted to the axle tube with a vent bolt).

We took the flexible hose back for a refund and asked Advance Auto to double-check for the correct hose for this B-body rearend. They kept coming up with a hose that had no brass "T" block on the end, just a threaded fitting. We didn't think that was right, so we went to Auto Zone and O'Reilly, getting the same answer. When we got back home empty handed I thought I might take a picture of the old flexible hose I saved from this rearend and see if any of you might have a source for a new one.

While cleaning the gunk off the brass "T" block for a picture, I noticed that the frayed rubber hose had what appeared to be a threaded end going into the block. Dang, the parts stores were correct - the flexible hose they showed us without the brass "T" really is the one we need. I removed the old rubber hose from the block and cleaned it up. Aaron will go tomorrow and pick up the new flexible hose and we'll be done with this rearend.

Glad I didn't throw away this old hose until we found the right replacement.

Jerry

-
Back