Glad I found this site!

-
Reaction score
I am new to the site. My Mopar is a 66 Barracuda 4-speed that I picked up last summer. I am excited to have this site as a resource for parts, info, etc. Anybody know where I can get info (or actual product) for paint colors for my car? Not for the body, but for interior and exterior trim. In particular, I wish to repaint my instrument panel/glove box door and trim, including the center console. I also need to repaint the barracuda emblem in the front grill (what color blue is that?).

Sweet!! Love the '66. Welcome to the place we spend way to much time at. I've got the F.S.M. for it, I'll see if it's listed in it. The wife is SHOOING me out the door. I have to start my shopping. What colors are you looking for? I'll check back later. Ray

Welcome, I am kind of new myself, and have found this to be a very friendly site. Nice looking fish you have there. I am sure someone will come along and help you out.

Couldn't find '66 color but, '67-'70 inst. black is Ditzler #9324 flat. If black is what you're looking for. Don't know the code or if there is a code for the emblem. Whatever matches, regular paint, model paint, fingernail polish. Yes, we'll try anything. Good luck and have fun with it. Ray

Hey, 66barracuda4speed. I have two '66's; his & hers. 1 mine & 1 Diane's. I found the interior & exterior paint codes on a metal tag near the battery inside hood. Should tell original(if that's what ya want) exterior & interior paint codes + names. Mine was an original PP1 Scorch Red exterior & black interior. I didn't like black(see my photo by clicking on my name), so I used exterior color inside on interior, painted my own & had Lee Furner from Chico do seats in red velvet & carpet, vinyl, roof, trunk, etc. all in marine colors, so as not to fade in sun thru big window. Plannin' on doing exterior in Candy Apple Red some day when I do engine, etc. I got the codes, went to Paint Mart here in Red Bluff, CA, & they will mix original color for your paint gun, but since that's over-kill for interior, I had them actually custom-fill several paint cans with original red color, then I stripped the interior of plastic trim pieces, removed seats, knobs, dash panel, etc., masked everything, & painted the interior myself little by little inside the garage. Took a month, but it was fun. Diane helped. I may post photos soon of interior paint process. Paint Mart, if there's one in Boise, will even offer you a refillable aerosol sprayer bottle with a detachable air can, & just fill with mix from a pint, quart, etc. they mix. Hope the info helps. You can send me a private message, too by clicking on my name. Something I didn't know when I joined. Hope info helps. Happy Holidays!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! Ray and Rich...thanks for the info. I will take a look in the daylight to see if I can find the paint codes. The color I am trying to find out for the instrument panel and console is that matte or satin silver color. I have seen it on many of the same full consoles found in various mopars of that year. It appears to be the same color on the intruments as well, but it is really worn off badly in places and is shiny chrome underneath. As to the blue for the grill fish emblem, I guess a best-guess may be in order. Thanks again to all!

Welcome...this Is a GREAT place to be. Many good and knowledgeable people on this site. Rumblefish, Moper, BJR, GotDart, Adam, Dartman, Mrspeed, to name only a few...and many many more are more than happy to help out....Remember, NO dumb questions here...we take'em all. Again, welcome to the 'family'. Don't be a stranger. Terry.

-
Back