Glove box No Key Can't Open

-

Rustyfish

Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas how to open the glove box without a key? My new fish didn't come with a trunk lock or second key so after looking at the owners manual it appears the non ignition key is the one that does the trick. So I'm kind of screwed at this point unless there is a way to get it open without.

Thanks
Bruce

Either drill it or bring the rear trunk lock to a locksmith to have a key made. Unless somehow you have the key codes from the factory! LMAO

If it has the cardboard box for the glove box, might be able to go through the back side of the cardboard and just get to the screw or clip holding the lock on, if box is not butchered, possible to glue/tape it back together

Trunk lock isn't original to the car so no go on that. Guess it comes down to which is cheaper, the lock or the box.

Thanks

A lock smith should be able to pic it and make a key for around 50.

try different trunk keys if you have them .....glove box locks were made in like four different patterns and will accept different trunk keys.

So if you have access to few different trunk keys then try them and one might be a winner that is compatible with one of the four patterns in the lock.

That happened to me....I bought a parts car with the glove box lock and the trunk key from my Dart DD opened it.

These locks are easy to pick with a bent up paper clip and small flat blade screwdriver. Keep a slight pressure turning with the screwdriver while sliding the ridged paper lip in and out. Check you tube for tips. YouTube also will show you how to easily make a "bump" key with a blank and a file.

These locks are easy to pick with a bent up paper clip and small flat blade screwdriver. Keep a slight pressure turning with the screwdriver while sliding the ridged paper lip in and out. Check you tube for tips. YouTube also will show you how to easily make a "bump" key with a blank and a file.

Col, good call as usual! Need more coffee sir? LOL

Thanks for all the advice. I have picked locks before so I'll give that a go. Don't have any other keys to try.

-
Back