Glue and Rivet Floor Pans

-
Up here safety requirements state floor pans must be mechanically fastened. No adhesives. Screws,bolts ,steel rivets or welding.
Guess its to prevent guys from gluing floors in place with bathtub caulking....
I had a “restored” mustang on the hoist. i saw very little welding and a lot of goop in the lap joints.

To do it right is time consuming and expensive.
Any time i have done floor patch panels for a safety, i leave the welds un painted or just primered until safety is passed. There is no question of how panel is held on.

I have purchased at least 3 different types of "weld thru" primer in the last year and EVERY can had the nozzle plug before the end of one minute of use. I have read there is a brush on style, but I have not found it yet. Pretty expensive lesson at 9-14 bucks a can.
The internet is all over the place on the weld through primer type.
Do you have any recommendations of a type or brand?

Up here safety requirements state floor pans must be mechanically fastened. No adhesives. Screws,bolts ,steel rivets or welding.
Guess its to prevent guys from gluing floors in place with bathtub caulking....
I had a “restored” mustang on the hoist. i saw very little welding and a lot of goop in the lap joints.

To do it right is time consuming and expensive.
Any time i have done floor patch panels for a safety, i leave the welds un painted or just primered until safety is passed. There is no question of how panel is held on.

So what they are saying is no adhesive only repairs?
Floor pans would be impossible to clamp properly, so I'm thinking the OP would use both methods in conjuction.
Adhesive and fasteners.
That would make sense.

3m gun

15135375366351081603295.jpg

Combination of methods. Adhesives in the same place as factory, mugged in places, pro spot welded for the rest

Keep in mind the aftermarket adhesives are not applied hot like some of the oem stuff.

1513537717070290959471.jpg

-
Back