GMC Weight

-
CED6ADF2-95AE-47C0-9100-F7D443FD5A42.png
Tech tip. Napa has a fuel filter for a duramax with a narrower body that’s much easier to install. Part#3960

We're heading to Maine Thursday morning. We have a pretty good handle on getting it running, but if we can't, what's a good transport service? Open trailer (or cheapest way) is fine. Bangor, Maine to Mullica Hill (South Jersey). 540 miles.

My truck and trailer would be overmatched, my buddie's truck is probably 7500 lbs.

I was incorrect before: It's a 3500.

Also I called the dealer to get the codes they pulled. (It wasn't the hunting cabin-area mechanic who pulled them.) Drone service writer told me, "low fuel pressure, P0088." Turns out, that's a high pressure code. P0087 is a low pressure. I'll have my scanner. My shop-owning friend uses Identifix, and has given me his user info. We both have seen, on Identifix, a pretty common problem with the wiring connector at the fuel pressure sensor. Hope that's it.

Worst comes to worst, we hope to clear the code as needed for the ride home. (It is in limp-mode.)

Last edited:
When mine came up with low fuel pressure code as soon as I cleared it I could drive it empty at the speed limit.
That’s what I’m really hoping for. I don’t want to do a repair in some auto parts parking lot.
My buddy’s afraid it’ll start limping again in a bad place. I told him I’ll drive it, he can drive mine.

-
Back