Go wing installation question for 74 Duster

-

twister360

Reaction score
I have a 74 Duster with go wing installed with only all thread to secure to trunk lid. Can I install the original type brackets? If so, I will need a template and brackets.

Thanks.

I cannot answer about a Duster, but I do know that my 70 dart had a Go wing "Home Installed" with cut up sheet metal brackets. I planned on re using the Go wing, so I located a correct rear deck lid and brackets. On the Dart the rear deck lid has "Cutouts" for where the holes get drilled. I don't know about Duster, but I would assume something similar for Go Wing Duster deck lids. I suppose you could obtain the brackets and see if they work with your deck lid. It may not be correct though. Also, you may already have the correct lid, but I would assume you would have the brackets also if that were the case.

wow.... someone used to sell the repoped brackets years back.... call someone like Dante and pop the question. a good fabricator can made them no doubt.....

Hi I just did a install on my sons 74 Duster, I bought him a go-wing and brackets from RPM restorations in Saskatoon, nice product by the way, there were no templates with the brackets and no cut outs on the trunk, we just found a picture on the web of the installed product, and basically held up the brackets and traced out the cut out and used a 4 1/2 inch angle grinder, it worked well, be careful with the cut out its tight

-
Back