God Cop Alert

-
Wow, you mean treating people with respect and civility actually works???? Whodathunkit.

There should be a good kid alert for this also. This is how most police interactions go when your not arguing with the officer or stomping on the good of their car like the Dindu gang in furgeson or Baltimore.

That is pretty how it went locally. I was cruising around with friends, each in our own cars and we decided to stop to hang out and talk in the parking lot of a closed down K-mart.

Cops came up, looked at us all real close and told us the parking lot is private property and we all need to "disperse" from the location.

The officer who contacted us gave us suggestions on where we can go to "loiter" and it would be ok. I wish I would have recorded it somehow because it was a lot like the cop in the video.

There was never anyone yelling or anything out of the ordinary, cops didn't even turn on their blue and red lights, simply came and started a conversation with us.

What's unfortunate, is the fact we can't hang in these places anymore.

Back in the day, it was quite common to line up in the spaces facing the road at a local grocery store on the main drag, and hang out and shoot the bull. We always kept our mess in the cars so as not to clutter up the place.

Shoot, even some of the local cops would slide in, hang out for a bit, and join the festivities.

Back in the day, it was quite common to line up in the spaces facing the road at a local grocery store on the main drag, and hang out and shoot the bull. We always kept our mess in the cars so as not to clutter up the place.

Shoot, even some of the local cops would slide in, hang out for a bit, and join the festivities.

Same here,When I was a kid we drove around " Dizzy Block" in Greeley, Colorado and parked in the parking spaces. Seems as the next generation of kids and Cops came along somehow this was too much of a disruption, so the kids moved to the K-Mart parking lot but eventually they were chased out of there also. That is the problem, a few bad apples make it bad for everyone then the kids have no where to go which in itself breeds trouble.

Same here,When I was a kid we drove around " Dizzy Block" in Greeley, Colorado and parked in the parking spaces. Seems as the next generation of kids and Cops came along somehow this was too much of a disruption, so the kids moved to the K-Mart parking lot but eventually they were chased out of there also. That is the problem, a few bad apples make it bad for everyone then the kids have no where to go which in itself breeds trouble.

A lot of places still will if you take the time to talk to the owners and convince them you will be respectable. No offense here but a lot of those situations your talking about are what makes it difficult to do now. Most of the time when I am asked to leave a place it's because the owners are worried about Burnouts and other fun things that can happen on their property and cause a lawsuit.

Around here the old timers and hot rod guys meet at A grocery store or frisches. The younger crowd gets run off from most places besides wal mart. Cincinnati even has something called bum spot which has turned into a serious gathering on Tuesday nights for the young kids. It's a lot of rice but there will be a few real fast guys show up also. The cops have cracked down on that particular meet so hard that the location is changed every week and it isn't revealed until the day of. I typically get a text or a message on other forums telling me when and where to go. This is because there were two instances where Burnouts happened and then people began telling police it was street racing.

I stay away from those events the older I get just because I don't want to be the oldest guy there and I don't want to show up in a stock rustang gt since the darts got slicks on it.

Same here. I talked to a retired cop that was around when I was a kid. He said putting a stop to cruising, and gathering in parking lots, was the dumbest thing he ever heard of. He said they knew where we were, and what we were doing. He said when they didn't see us, is when they got worried. One of them stopped to visit one night. We were all gathered around admiring one of the guys new Cobra Jet Torino. He said his car could outrun that thing. We all laughed at him. He said he didn't mean his cop car, he meant his car. Retired Highway Patrol, 401 Ambassador.

Same here. I talked to a retired cop that was around when I was a kid. He said putting a stop to cruising, and gathering in parking lots, was the dumbest thing he ever heard of. He said they knew where we were, and what we were doing. He said when they didn't see us, is when they got worried.

Bingo! We were less apt to get in trouble just hangin' out locally.

That 2 minute video, the way both sides treated each other was how it used to be when I grew up.
If you were in the wrong, you got a stern warning or a ticket.
Not causing no trouble, no problems.

That 2 minute video, the way both sides treated each other was how it used to be when I grew up.
If you were in the wrong, you got a stern warning or a ticket.
Not causing no trouble, no problems.

Same here, things sure have changed......................

for the worse.

Hey, whom ever was talking about the Dizzy block or D block it still happens and I try to get there a couple times each season.

I cruised 16th street in Denver all through high school and became known to a Denver PD officer by the name of Buster Snyder. I remember the name not because of actions like those of The Sergeant in the video but because of his reputation for writing any and everything that moved.

So fast forward and I spent 32 years as a State Trooper in Colorado and always gave the young drivers the benefit of the doubt whenever possible.

I would say that much could be accomplished in regards to police relations with communications such as this instead of what we usually see on the nightly news.

Be careful and stay safe.

We had a few places we could hang out, cool with the security and a closed car wash at night, we didn't do anything stupied, this was a group of Srt4 owners, just all hangin out, went to a few other spots, and as soon as those dumb ones in their imports mostly Hondas came driving like idiots we all left, and they asked where we all were going, we said to another place cause most of you are driving like idiots with so called burn outs and reving their motors, and sure enough shortly after we left heard sirensome and light and going that way.

Hey, whom ever was talking about the Dizzy block or D block it still happens and I try to get there a couple times each season.

I cruised 16th street in Denver all through high school and became known to a Denver PD officer by the name of Buster Snyder. I remember the name not because of actions like those of The Sergeant in the video but because of his reputation for writing any and everything that moved.

So fast forward and I spent 32 years as a State Trooper in Colorado and always gave the young drivers the benefit of the doubt whenever possible.

I would say that much could be accomplished in regards to police relations with communications such as this instead of what we usually see on the nightly news.

Be careful and stay safe.

Wow....glad to hear it has been ressurected or never really went away.Being that I'm a really old guy now(66) I kinda lost track of the happenings of D-Block.

-
Back