Goin' Off Road Today!

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
A buddy and I are going to hit some trails today. I'll be taking the Jeep.:mrgreen:

I hope to have some pics for you all tonight. :rock:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-wXT9eUBm4&feature=related"]‪T-Rex Jeepster‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I just got my new off-road bumper and grill guard last night but didn't hav a chance to put it on yet. Here's a pic of it...... Mine has a 2" reciever hitch on the front bumper which is not shown here. Very old school and built from 3/8" steel plate right here in the USA.... Washington state to be specific. This company has been in biz since 1948 and I am very, very impressed with thier quality and I highly recommend them. http://olympic4x4products.com/

Attachments

• 26949-lg.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 189
Well it's about time Ramcharger :protest: :rock:
Enjoy:colors: and I can not wait to see your Jeep again.
You did a great job building the 4.0 and adding a few upgrades :colors:
Awaiting pictures along with a story of your day off the pavement

Driving the Ram Wagon this morning :colors:

...and rollin!

Drivers side rear tire is up in the air.... It's hard to tell how steep this really is but you all can see my roof :)

Attachments

• IMG_0402tr1.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 159
Here's my bud in his Taco running 33x12.5's on the same trail, it's brutal!

Attachments

• IMG_0393tr1.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 161
We got further up and my bud swore up and down he wouldn't take me on any trail that stock Jeep couldn't do. These previous pics of the "2 step" obstacle were nothing compared to what we really did. I was about ready kill him, no joke. One tire slipped and all I saw was a rock halfway up my passenger window...... I had Maxi's harness grabbed with my right arm and was steering like a madman with my left....

He said straight up that "NO ONE ever made it up without body damage with less than 33x12.5's..... EVER!

He bought the beer when we got home.........

No jack? No problem..... if you have a Jeep!

Attachments

• IMG_0413.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 158
A little flex check.......

Attachments

• IMG_0410.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0411.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0412.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 152
It's amazing how capable these vehicles are....

Attachments

• 0716111221.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 169
I can see a great day being had :colors:
The Jeep looks perfectly at home Joe :thumleft:
Speaking of home =P~ Dang Joe That looks like some of my part of the country up on the ridge 8)
We have many rock trails and climbers here and I can see and relate to the day
Thank you for taking the time to share the Jeep build with us :cheers:
Maxi is having a blast :grommit:
So no brake downs and it drove smoothly home :rock:
Congratulations on a great day off the pavement.. The jeep build is accomplished :colors:

Looks like a fun time. Way cool! Mopars know whats up.

It really was a lot of fun and I can't wait to do some more trails. Hopefully I'll get out a few more times this year.

I can see a great day being had :colors:

Wish you were their Mike with the RC!

The Jeep looks perfectly at home Joe :thumleft:

It's like a dang Jeep advertisement. :)

Speaking of home =P~ Dang Joe That looks like some of my part of the country up on the ridge 8)
We have many rock trails and climbers here and I can see and relate to the day

Very cool Mike, you need to get the RC up there and get some pics! :rock:

Thank you for taking the time to share the Jeep build with us :cheers:

You are very welcome Mike. must not be many off-roaders here judging by the response. I'm glad you Burnt enjoyed the pics.

Maxi is having a blast :grommit:

The last crazy trail was a little much for her (I don't have pics, I was trying to save my body panels) so I probably wouldn't take her on that one again but she loved the rest.

So no brake downs and it drove smoothly home :rock:
Congratulations on a great day off the pavement.. The jeep build is accomplished :colors:

Just a touch more lift , 31x10.5's and and front diff and I'll be happy as a clam. The Heep ran like a greyhound and climbed like a cat. :mrgreen: I never even scratched the bottom and it never stalled or ran rough or hot and will do 80 all day on the highway

Joe I didn't know you was so rough on your Jeep! LOL

Looks like you was doing a good job.... you going to build a rock crawler? You seem to be experienced.

I don't think you have to worry about anyone stealing your Jeep with your dog in there.

Joe I didn't know you was so rough on your Jeep! LOL

Got to take it to it's limits, right? :evil2:

Looks like you was doing a good job.... you going to build a rock crawler? You seem to be experienced.

Nothing purpose built, just expand a touch on what I already have. I just need a good way to get the good camp spots, fishing holes and 4x4 playgrounds plus be a daily driver. A true all purpose vehicle that will get me where I want to go rain, shine, mud, snow, rock, etc. plus carry both dogs to the vet. :mrgreen:

I don't think you have to worry about anyone stealing your Jeep with your dog in there.

Touching that Jeep with her in it would be a bad idea, lol.

Jeeps are a blast,
Here is a picture of my daily driver and my toy.

1002082.jpg

Jeeps are a blast,
Here is a picture of my daily driver and my toy.

1002082.jpg

My sister wants a Jeep. We have decided that if she gets one, the first thing that will be done to it are a set of 33x12 tires on it, basically the same look on the right jeep. The tires and wheels that are on there stock are just too small. Then she'll probably need a lower diff.

My sister wants a Jeep. We have decided that if she gets one, the first thing that will be done to it are a set of 33x12 tires on it, basically the same look on the right jeep. The tires and wheels that are on there stock are just too small. Then she'll probably need a lower diff.

Don't forget the other expensive stuff that goes along with those 33's....

6" lift, slip yoke eliminator, transfer case drop, long control arms, adjustable track bar, pitman arm drop, custom driveshafts, gears (which you mentioned), high strength axles, a plethora of diff options, etc. That's why I'm going no larger than 31x10.5's on mine. Shoot, those Warn winches on sirelnds67's Jeeps are 1200 bucks.

Looks like you two had a great time out there. Never had the opportunity to try it out myself, but looks like a lot of fun.

Grant

Looks like a great time. What trail were you guys on? I've been wheeling in CO several times.

-
Back