Going to Denver (Golden)

-

64physhy

Reaction score
Anyone know of a cheap motel or hotel around Golden? I'm going out there for about a week next month and need to find somewhere to stay. I looked to see if the Airforce Base out there had any on base billeting, but apparently, it's a small base and doesn't have a travel lodge on it. Not trying to stay anywhere that I'll have to worry about getting shot or stabbed.
Thanks,
Dave

There are a couple of motels right off I-70 at the Denver West blvd exit. Don't know how cheap they are. Sheraton Denver west is on the north side of the highway, and there is a holiday inn right off the Colfax exit. There is supposed to be a car cruise in Golden on Saturday, but the weather may not cooperate. Golden is a pretty safe area.

I won't be there until the 10th or 11th, so I'll miss the cruise night in Golden, unless they do it every Saturday, then I could make it on the 15th or 16th, whatever day saturday is. There's a good cruise in Aurora, but I don't remember what night of the week or during what months.

I think a Sheraton would be out of my price range. I'm staying almost a week on short notice, so didn't have a chance to save. I need really cheap.

I think it's a Days Inn at I 70 and Colfax. There are a couple of mom and pop motels in down town Golden also.

I think we stayed at a La Quinta out there if I remember right... make sure you hit the Coors tour while you're there!

Thanks everyone, but it looks like I'll be canceling the trip. I was going for my brother's trial, but he took a deal, so no need to go now. He's going to prison for 12 years while the child molester who's *** he kicked walks free.

....Seriously? Was he at all involved with the victim, or had the victim been caught/tried/convicted?

My brother was staying with the "victim" temporarily. He got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and when he walked in, the "victim" had his 6 year old autistic foster child pulling his chain. My brother said he was calling the cops and they guy came at him with a knife. My brother got the knife away from him and used it on him. There were no witnesses (the confrontation moved to another room, and the autistic boy was in the bathroom), and the weapon was never found. My brother decided to be a smartass with the Police, which really didn't help matters any.
Anyway, the guy who hosts foster children to molest (AKA, "the victim") is still going on about his business. My brother already had a record, and, as I said before, was a smartass with the cops, so they really never pursued any investigation on the guy.

-
Back