Going to look at a 73 Dart Sport

-

Chep

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I get home in a couple of days and I am going to look at buying a 73 Dart Sport. I heard there only two rust spots on both doors. Here is the link open for tips and suggestions on price and what to look for condition wise. My girlfriend has contacted him several times. Apparently he just re did the whole rear suspensions and has redone some interior parts. Thanks everyone!

http://www.cars-on-line.com/64711.html

Good luck!!
A few thoughts-

You may want to ask how old those pictures are...no rust is visible which may mean that other thngs have aged too.

The color scheme is definitely love it/hate it...

the motor may be pretty decent if it's a recent build and is set up right.

Not sure about that rear suspension since 295s won't fit inside the fenders unless the rear is narrowed. No mention of that....that I noticed.

A lot of the things he mentions as selling points would be value deductions in my book- all the stereo stuff, painted brakes (?), painted engine bay, etc

Is it me or was their no mention of the transmission model/build? If it's a stock A904, it may not be long for this world behind a 10.5:1 360ci

No mention of which third member? If that's a 7.25", walk away.

It very likely could be a solid body with a good engine. My gut feeling is that $15,000 is at least $5k too high.

Keep us posted!!!

Thanks for the insight! I am going direct with him via email, I will ask which transmission it is and if the rearend was narrowed. What about the third member? Could you elaborate more on that, I am new when it comes to older cars.

It is top dollar for that year Dart. Painting the engine compartment black shows a lack of effort on the body work. This car should be awesome for the price.

He said with all the work he just did he is firm on the price. I want a good car to start with but I was hoping to get that at a lower price. I am looking at others too just in case. I am a fan of that body style but I may look more into the 70-71s they are cheaper than the 73.

Just found this one.
http://ocala.craigslist.org/cto/4453629204.html

Good luck!!
A few thoughts-

Not sure about that rear suspension since 295s won't fit inside the fenders unless the rear is narrowed. No mention of that....that I noticed.

Keep us posted!!!

My 73 Dart Sport had 295/50r15's on it when I bought it. And they were tucked under the wheel well. Barely lol. Granted it had 8" rims with spacers behind them. Had a 8-1/4.

hope you make it back home in time. Thank you for serving, I know first hand it is not easy.

Keep looking, unless its completely restored, and paint put in every place these things rust, witch I doubt, it ain't worth 15k. More like 8 max. Look through my thread, you'll see where these rust.

Thanks for your service to our country. I think the Dart would be a good car for you at $8 to $10k. Take your time and keep looking I'm sure you'll fine something you'll love for less. I'm leery of anyone that wouldn't even consider an offer. To tell you the price is firm at $15k is walk away talk for me. Dan

Tell me what you think of the link in my third post.

It's most likely been beat on hard! Cut up for the fenderwell headers. It would need the subframe tied together. I'm sure he has lots of money in it but, take a good look and beware.

-
Back