Going to the cruz in Sutherlin,Or. today

-
I'll be there I'll be in my 72 (gold with black roof) My wife will be in her 72 (Gold with six pack hood) My dad will be in his 69 dart gt red with vinyl top and my sister will be in her 74 4 door valiant same gold as the other two. Here are pics of my wifes and my cars Keep an eye out for us and I will do the same. Hope to see you there Justin

dart pics 001.jpg

dart pics 002.jpg

Hey Jason it sure was nice to meet you in person. It seemed like there wasn't as many cars as there has been in the past years I have gone to it. It sure was sweet seeing all your Darts cruz'n one after the other.

Thanks It was nice having you down here with a dart As you can probably tell there are never many mopars here. Its usually all chevys and fords. I agree It did seem like there were a lot less cars here than there usually are but we have a show out in roseburg that was in July you may have been to it also but anyway its called Graffiti weekend and it was dead this year. The Blackberry Festival was actually much better than Graffiti was. There were a couple nice mopars there though I was a little impressed My family usually has the only mopars there except for one or two others. This year I saw the 70 charger, 70 AAR cuda, 66/67 Black Charger (I didn't see the red 66 Hemi Charger crusing did you? Probably not I'm sure it was to valuable for the owner but i did see him drive it in) 70 lime green dart, 69 superbee, That early a valiant convertible, A really nice 66 dart :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10: Nice car by the way, and that 65 b body that was in the park I couldn't tell what it was with all the people in front of it. Hope to see you again next year, My dad and I plan on having 8 or 9 of our cars driving for next year we gotta get that mopar to brand x ratio up you know. Nice meeting you and if there are any good mopar heavy shows up in your area please let us know I dont want to drive up there to see a bunch of chevys and fords but it there are some nice mopars at a show up there I'll find the gas money to drive up. Thanks Justin

I have been coming down to that one for about 10 years now and always in my Dart, a couple of time I also brought down the 65 Cuda. I have always seen a few Mopars when I am down there, but i did notice a few that usaully come down were not there last night... The 63 Valiant vert belongs to a friend of mine. This is the first year that i have seen him cruz it. He usaully rides with another friend in a 70 GTX, but i didn't see him there this year either.... I used to come down for the cruz in winston but haven't done it in a couple of years. Did you see that 49 or so Plymouth with the straight axle. Sad part is it is Chevy powered. What a waste. I agree we need to get the Mopar ratio up in those shows and crusies. It is about the same around here too since the Mopar club here went under.

Was that plymouth with the straight axle way up in the air in the front and really faded green paint with a small block chevy if so yeah I saw that one I dont care for the guy who owns it. He lives around here and everybody thinks he is awesome he has some nice cars but he has built them on other peoples dime ok sorry rant off. But anyway yeah It could be a nice car but that guy will never go mopar drivetrain with it he thinks chevys are gods gift. I liked that valiant vert it was a clean car and i may remember the 70 gtx I do remember a gtx down here the last couple years. By the way did your dart used to be a different color then I want to say white with blue stripes or vice versa I could be way off on the colors by the way sorry if i'm wrong. I remember seeing one of those here a lot over the last few years but I dont ever remember seeing one the way yours looks now. Justin

Yep that would be the Plymouth I am talking about. Too bad he won't go with real power, or at least build a chevy and get that motor out of the Mopar....Yeah the last couple of years my dart was primmer grey. And before that it was a dark er blue with a lighter blue stripe.

Yep now that i see those pics I remember your car. So are you going to try and come down again next year. Hope to see you there again and like I said if you happen to hear of any shows up there in Eugene/Springfield area that will have a decent mopar turnout please let us know. Again nice meeting you. Justin

You know that must of happened just before i left... As i was heading out of town to head home I saw 2 police cars with lights and sirens heading that way, and then an amblance. My first thought was I sure hope no one got hit by a car. Let's just hope this doesn't shut it down as I have always found it to be one of the best around here.... But oyu know there have been other incdents like this one where people have gotten hurt by someone doing a burn off and losing it. The guy in the in the Camero should of know better that to do something like that. Last year in Cottage Grove some one did a 180 burn off and almost hit a couple of people on the sidewalk on the other side of the street. It's idiots like that that will ruin it for the rest of us

I agree I'd love to just sit there and light them up but I worry about something uncontrolable happening and hurting someone ( not to mention the ticket even if everything goes ok and no one gets hurt). I've talked to some of the people who plan the blackberry festival to see about a burnout contest that can be set up in a controlled environment cause everyone wants to see the burnouts, that way it can still be done but in a way that no one gets hurt but so far no one wants anything to do with it. I really think the police should do something about the drunk people (and the others but the drunk ones start making fun of you when you wont do it) sitting there egging drivers on to do burnouts I think there should be a small ticket for them if they get caught to. It would sure cut down I think but who knows maybe I'm wrong. Justin

Yes that would be a good idea. they do that over on the coast in one of the small towns just north of Coos Bay. On Friday night they have a burn off contest and then the cruz on Sat. The first time I came down there for a cruz there was a cop in the middle of the intersection telling some of the cruzers to do burn offs. It was great, but that was the only time I seen that. He even told me to do one, but at that time I only had the /6 in my Dart. Well I sure hope this doesn't ruin it as like I said it is one of my favorite cruz.....Dewayne

-
Back