Gold Member

Should Joey let you pay your membership fee by check

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

65Cudafix

Reaction score
FABO,

Isn't "Gold Member" an Austin Powers film....

Anyway, I tried to do the Gold Member thing but the inter web don't like my pre paid credit card (I'sa feared of using real cards online)... Ain't there some way I can just send an F-in check (USPO $order) like old school purchases were???

Joey, please send me a PM with an address and I'll get a check out in the Morning... Maybe you could post it on line under the "Become a Gold Member" thing as an option for tech challenged old retired folk...

Thanks in advance for your assistance and /or advice. Love your work.

65Cudafix

IMG_0670.JPG

I picked the third option because it is funny, no disrespect. Checks can be dangerous, so in that aspect I understand Joey's hesitation on accepting them.

Sorry, no. They system is all automated. I have zero interest in dealing with checks. Its a lot more work for me, running to the bank to deposit, checks bounce, etc etc. Not going to happen. Sorry.

FABO,

Isn't "Gold Member" an Austin Powers film....

Anyway, I tried to do the Gold Member thing but the inter web don't like my pre paid credit card (I'sa feared of using real cards online)... Ain't there some way I can just send an F-in check (USPO $order) like old school purchases were???

Joey, please send me a PM with an address and I'll get a check out in the Morning... Maybe you could post it on line under the "Become a Gold Member" thing as an option for tech challenged old retired folk...

Thanks in advance for your assistance and /or advice. Love your work.

65Cudafix

View attachment 1715051196
CC's are pretty safe. Most have fraud protection, and fraud happened to me once years ago, but a phone call got it straight. I live by state line, and BOA on the other hand, has blocked my card because I purchased stuff in two different states within an hour. Embarrassing, but I like they're paying attention. Then I get a phone text to confirm the purchase. This week ordered parts from 2 places and they blocked the second sale. A text and stuff is on it's way. Just don't use debit linked to an account.

I've done the Gold Member thing here twice - no issue with CC - if you're that concerned DON'T use a debit card, use a "real" CC - they tend to have much better protection -- what movie??
Goldmember.jpg

I picked the third option because it is funny, no disrespect. Checks can be dangerous, so in that aspect I understand Joey's hesitation on accepting them.

Nasty,

But I'd send USPO $ order...

I just want to feel like I belong... :thumbsup:

65Cudafix

Sorry, no. They system is all automated. I have zero interest in dealing with checks. Its a lot more work for me, running to the bank to deposit, checks bounce, etc etc. Not going to happen. Sorry.

Joey, So,how about cash??

65Cudafix

CC's are pretty safe. Most have fraud protection, and fraud happened to me once years ago, but a phone call got it straight. I live by state line, and BOA on the other hand, has blocked my card because I purchased stuff in two different states within an hour. Embarrassing, but I like they're paying attention. Then I get a phone text to confirm the purchase. This week ordered parts from 2 places and they blocked the second sale. A text and stuff is on it's way. Just don't use debit linked to an account.

GeorgeH,

Yeah I know, wife buys stuff on line all the time. I just know I'll screw it up and never hear the end of it. Guess I'll have to humble myself and ask her to do it. Bet it's gonna cost me more than the $40 Bucks...

65Cudafix

GeorgeH,

Yeah I know, wife buys stuff on line all the time. I just know I'll screw it up and never hear the end of it. Guess I'll have to humble myself and ask her to do it. Bet it's gonna cost me more than the $40 Bucks...

65Cudafix
Just give her a lil' pat on the fanny. It'll be ok.

I've done the Gold Member thing here twice - no issue with CC - if you're that concerned DON'T use a debit card, use a "real" CC - they tend to have much better protection -- what movie??
View attachment 1715051241

ScampMike,

I did try my 'prepaid' card (Serve from American Express) and the system told me to pound sand up my A**...

Debit card is linked to my bank account, and my wife could see how much I'm spending on the 'Cuda, so I gots to be careful...

Looks like the GTFOI (Get the F*** over it) crowd wins the pole, I'll ask her to hook me up (by paying on line) when she gets home.

IMG_0707.JPG

Thanks for the reassurance...

65Cudafix

-
Back