Gold Rush Alaska

-
I've seen a few episodes, the one guy Jeff?? the one with the goatee needs his teeth kicked in and some manners taught to him the hard way.

I saw that same guy go after a grizzly bear with a AR-15, not too bright. That bear may just bend him over a stump.

I watched it once for around ten minutes and to me it was theatrical. I can understand the Yukon gold rush where it all started in Alaska but it also started in Eureka California and surrounding areas such as French Gulch. It also started in Gold Hill Oregon, the Rogue River and its surrounding areas and I'm sure there's plenty other towns where an abundance of gold have been found in the USA and Canada and is still found today. My take is that all these reality shows suck as I'd rather be entertained by naked women :)

The producers edit a lot these shows for drama. They figure no drama, no interest and they may have a valid point. Yep, big gold and silver rushes here in Colorado too. As for naked women, I agree but that gets real expensive, lol!

I think its a good show. I also think it's suppose to replace the show Treasure Quest from last year and maybe even The Deadliest Catch.

I like the show so far too. i don't think it'll replace The Deadliest Catch though.

Pretty good Show! Gotta love the DVR. If you start watching 20 mins into the show you can finish the show about when it ends live and no commercials!

DVR's are key!

I began to think that when the old man started digging random holes around the site saying that "man we got to hit the mother lode". I laughed my *** off.

I did too, I'm still lmao thinking about that. :-D Then he swung that bucket around and whacked his own truck, lmao! Too bad it was a dodge....

You really hit the nail on the head. I'm all for preserving our fisheries and other species...but...environmentalists forget how important irrigation is to farmers and world trade. If I'm not mistaken the "bread basket" in the midwest not only provides all of our grain needs but billions in grain is exported every year.

X2, my uncle before he passed was a forest ranger in the "Golden Triangle" of Montana, Idaho and Wyoming from right after WWII to the day he passed away. He wasn't about preservation but was all about resource management. He felt that the land could used and managed without destroying it.

X2, my uncle before he passed was a forest ranger in the "Golden Triangle" of Montana, Idaho and Wyoming from right after WWII to the day he passed away. He wasn't about preservation but was all about resource management. He felt that the land could used and managed without destroying it.

I knew you were a smart guy when I saw that you had quoted Aldous Huxley, he was way ahead of his time and I would encourage anyone to read his stuff. It's true that "you CAN make a silk purse out of a sow's ear"

I knew you were a smart guy when I saw that you had quoted Aldous Huxley, he was way ahead of his time and I would encourage anyone to read his stuff.

Thanks Dustoff. There are so many brilliant people out there that we can all learn from. :read2:

Here's a picture of my uncle, the forest ranger, WWII vet and Father to my cousins. He most certainly was the real deal and was really a neat guy that I loved to listen to.

Attachments

• Uncle Ozzie.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 56
-
Back