Goldie update

-

BVoelzke

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I had a problem while at an Index race , what I thought was a spun bearing turned out to be just anther bad starter. So in reality I took the motor out for nothing. Since I have had problems with this motor , ( bent valve , blown head gasket all in less than 140 runs ) I just assumed it was another motor problem. When I took it apart the starter gear was jammed into the ring gear on the converter and the motor was hard to turn over by hand to take the converter bolts out. We took the motor apart and found nothing wrong , the good news is : while its apart we are going to make it it a 410 inch stroker , the crank and pistons are available and are ordered it does stink having to miss a few index races while its apart hopefully it will be back together by the end of summer for the many fall races . Horsepower won't change much but it will be an increase in torque .. the previous combo ran well , I went a lot of rounds with it now it will be even better. With " Goldie " apart I took my D150 to a local Mopar show and Won First Place in the Truck category which was pretty cool ! I plan to race it at my local tracks nostalgia race in two weeks then off to Carlisle for showing and racing at South Mountains Annual Friday evening Mopar race.

CDA5CBF6-F575-4AC8-9195-295AD2509031.jpeg

21C40493-1FB5-4007-B66D-97E86574F4CA.jpeg

Pictures car/truck.????...
I always use a Magnum starter from the pick & pull...

-
Back