gonna push it home tomorrow!

-

71dusterdan

Reaction score
Hey everybody, got a fire under my behind this year, gonna actually do something to my car this tear. I put in a cage and a bunch of chassis stiffening 4 years ago, then bought a Harley the following year. I t was good night after that. In fact for a year and a half, I made rent payments to the neighbor for her garage, but wasnt actually sure the car was still in there! hahahaha Well thankfully enough it is there and not much worse for wear! So this year, I dropped off the grille to be painted all black. I dropped the doors and fenders off at another body shop. The doors are back home done and ready for final painting. The fenders should be trimmed in next week. Then I will drop off the decklid, followed by the hood. Then I will drop off the shell and get it worked. So tomorrow I am going to push it over to my house and start test fitting. I need to mount the front bumper and see how much room I have behind it to cut my driving lamp holes into it. I also need to start prepping the rear axle for removal. Gonna set up the 7.25 and springs with hitch pins for quick removal and reinstall. Something to just hold it in place, but easily removed so I can start fitting my rear wheels, and measure up for my 9" rear. I am really stoked that Hotchkiss has developed all the suspension parts for our mopars now. Oh and did I mention......I have to cut the dash in half to get it out. Yea, just a small case of shortsightedness when we welded in the rollcage! figure I will cut it on one side or the other of the radio openning. then try and figure out a way to modify the ends to drop in around the cage. then weld the dash back together!!!! that is gonna suck! So other than that.... I have a 360 I intend to drop in with a decent cam, mag heads, performer intake and Thermoquad. An 833 iron case 4 gear. The brakes I have are the b body cop brakes off of a St. Regis, and large rear discs off a mid 70's Lincoln Mark 5. I bought them specifically because they were bigger than Versailles brakes and they are ventilated. I went on a 9" buying binge years ago. So I got a 3:55 traction lok center chunk and these brakes. Not the trickest brake set up in the world, but the car is light, and with good pads should be able to raise some eyebrows. I will take some pics tomorrow, and try and upload some of the ones I already have.

-
Back