good aftermarket radiator?

-

Hipo65

Yeah I'm "That Guy"
Reaction score
Hello poeple,got a qustion who makes a decent radiator that would fit my 65 dart gt? I had the stock 22' re cored last fall (2 row) & its been doen ok thus far until yesterday. If it sits idling for a good ammount of time she will creep up twords the H on the gauge (never.did that benowadays fore) then once yer moven again it'll start comen back down. There is not a shroud on it I'm sure that would help but it wasn't even really that hot out yesterday. I've had this issue before with other cars & a after market aluminium radiator solved it but now i think i may need one for my 65 now. Kinda burns me brand new core can't seem to cut it now. Give me some names of proven replacements please thanks!

This is very simple.

"once yer moven again it'll start comen back down."

This clearly says that you do not have enough airflow at idle. It also says that your radiator is big enough for the job.

What kind of fan do you have? It's less expensive and less work to replace a fan. I would suggest a good clutch fan.

Without a shroud, it's even more important that you have a hood to core support seal. If you don't have one of those, get one.

The fan is the stock fixed 6 blade steel fan. & I'm sure its radiator not being able to copr that's why i was asken for names of replacements thst won't distroy my wallet. id love shroud for my car if someone has one for my eara dart please send em my way.

The fan is the stock fixed 6 blade steel fan. & I'm sure its radiator not being able to copr that's why i was asken for names of replacements thst won't distroy my wallet. id love shroud for my car if someone has one for my eara dart please send em my way.

But your radiator can cool it, once you are moving. That's a clear as day sign that you do not have enough airflow at idle.

What weird is this the 1st time its done that. &im positive I've driven it in warmer weather. It was maybe 75-80° tops yesterday afternoon/evening actuly pretty nice for the 2ns of july.

1968FormulaS340 is right. Not the radiator. If it cools at speed, it's doing just fine. At idle, you just aren't getting enough air passing through the radiator. I just went through the same thing only just the opposite. Mine got hotter and hotter at speed but did fine at an idle. Had to replace the radiator. It's fine now. Dennis

-
Back