good body shops(?)

-

wracks71

Reaction score
i was visiting a buddy up the road today that is pro touring his '67 camero. he is doing all the work himself and he is very good at body/paint work. i suck at it,so i don't do it! which brings me to my point. i have been screwed by two body shops in the past number of years! the last time,i had some work done on my duster. it was done by a "reputable" shop in knoxville,tn i will leave nameless. they do media blasting as well. they blasted the lower half of my car,done some mild custom stuff,and relaced the trunk floor and tail panel.
now,these guys build $150,000 cars,sema cars and such,i thought my baby would be in good hands. NOT! after i got the car home,the tail lights wouldn't fit in the tail panel,pissed! had to trailer the car back up there 40 min. to have it fixed! i didn't have time to really check the car out after that for a few months and was finally driving it a little. then i start messing around with big wheels,installing swaybars and such. while i am under the car in the rear i start to notice things that were not done as i would have. undercoating sprayed half ***,places where they cut out the floor panel and didn't weld back to make it look clean. i mean,when i leave my $8-$10,000 duster,why wasn't it treated like the $200,000 eleanor mustang beside it?! i thought these guys were real car guys and i was very disappointed! needless to say,i will not take the car back to them when i need the rest of it done! i mean,just because i CAN'T do it,doesn't mean that i don't know what i am looking at and how it should be done! anyone else have any horror stories? thanks,just had to get that off my chest.

-
Back