good cam for a 318

-
There's lots of Mopar Purple cams. That one just happens to be the reproduction of the stock 340 cam. It's a good piece if you can find one.

Comp cams xe258. Have it my car and love it. Depends on your stall, carb, manifold, what are the specs?

All stock 318 just got the car ain't done nothing but plugs wires oil fuel filter and cap and rotor all stock

tbh i'd save the money on upgradin. just keep the 318 maintained and purrin like a kitten.

then find stuff as you go. 360 or magnum block. decent intake/cam for it. gather stuff little by little. get it all set up then one day do a swaparoo.

but like rusty said if you just want to learn the stuff and swap cams the 340 one is fine.

also if you can find an old 273 motor in a salvage yard get the rockers/rocker shafts/holddowns off it. they are adjustables... and then you could put in a solid cam/solid lifters.

oops forgot if you do grab the stuff off a 273 get the pushrods too

Okay, honestly, if you are doing a cam swap:
Definitely do: lifters, manifold, carburetor, radiator (new cam can make it run hotter)
Should do: high volume water pump, double roller timing chain, pushrods

Moparlover is right on the money with 273, but almost all your 318 parts can be put onto a 360 or 340, so you can still modify your 318 and then swap things other once you get a good block. If you decided to just keep it stock and build a hot 360 on the side, keep in mind that a stout 360 will shred the 7 1/4 rear end most likely in your car

tbh i'd save the money on upgradin. just keep the 318 maintained and purrin like a kitten.

then find stuff as you go. 360 or magnum block. decent intake/cam for it. gather stuff little by little. get it all set up then one day do a swaparoo.

but like rusty said if you just want to learn the stuff and swap cams the 340 one is fine.

also if you can find an old 273 motor in a salvage yard get the rockers/rocker shafts/holddowns off it. they are adjustables... and then you could put in a solid cam/solid lifters.

oops forgot if you do grab the stuff off a 273 get the pushrods too

i know ive been looking at a 360 swap for awhile now

Moparlover is right on the money with 273, but almost all your 318 parts can be put onto a 360 or 340, so you can still modify your 318 and then swap things other once you get a good block. If you decided to just keep it stock and build a hot 360 on the side, keep in mind that a stout 360 will shred the 7 1/4 rear end most likely in your car

yeah ill keep that in mind.

and i have the 8 1/4 in my car

mine only has 76,000 im the second owner and just got it, she gets ups and goes. just want a little more power

Really?? Haha same story for mine! 75,000 from the original owner! Got the paperwork, biasply spare, build sheet and many other goodies haha

-
Back