Good cheap torque converters

-

hemijoejr

Reaction score
Has anyone used companys like BDR or ACC for converters? Do you know of other companys that have excelent products but they aren't main stream. I would like to buy a 9.5" 4000rpm small block stahl converter for my Cuda in the $500 range. I can call and have a Dynamic, Trans Specialties, Coan, etc etc made to the tune of $800-$900 for my aplication but I was looking for something cheaper with the same quality so any input would be great! Thanks for the time!!! Joe:burnout::burnout:

I run a PTC converter, seems to be decent and the price was right around $300 if I remember correctly. Its 2800-3200 stall street converter. PTC has there own website, I order mine over the phone with Cope Racing Transmisions (really great guy to deal with) Hope this helps.

I've had a A1 Converter (904) for years, it's on the 2nd motor, with hundreds of 1/8 and 1000' passes. It was custom built for my motor, gears, and car weight, @ the time it was around $500.00??? If it's going to track don't get a cheap converter, it will cost more in the long run when it breaks and takes out your trannie. I know!!!

-
Back