Good Grief! What Next???$$$???$$$

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
So this has been my last 5 months. Compressor died ($2,000), swimming pool filter shot craps ($1,500), hen the motor on my 7 year old John Deer riding mower blew up (new mower $1,500), front right tire on RV blew out ($700 over what insurance paid), practically new tire on Barracuda went bad ($200), Dishwasher died ($1100 for few dishwasher (installed) +$300 for plumber), then yesterday, we went to the store, and steaks were on sale, and we bought a few extras. When we went to put them in the freezer, and the red light was on, and things were starting to thaw out!. We were able to find space in in freezers in a few neighbor's. We ordered aa new freezer from Lowes, and they hope it will be here in September. WHAT NEXT?? We like to play the GLAD game. When stuff like this happens, we are GLAD that we can afford to take care of it. But ENOUGH already!!!

I feel your pain. I've not had that much go out, BUT the only air conditioning Kitty and I and the cats have had the past five or so years has been window units. Our latest is a 10K BTU and it does "ok" but it has some age on it now. I am quietly shopping around for a new central heat and air unit. They are not cheap.

We had similar luck last fall... drier went out (fixed it myself thanks to YouTube)...fridge gave out ($2400)... furnace would not start (again...YouTube!)... my '97 Ram quit... shower plumbing died... living room floor started settling (had my 400# pellet stove sit in one place for several years...future project to replace floor joists)....

The only thing that works in an old house is the owner!

-
Back