Good Guy Alert, Hound Dawger.

-

55Redneck

Reaction score
Although he doesn't post here much and may not even look at this board anymore since he's moved to restoring E-bodies he deserves a mention since I met him through this board. I finally met him at a local car show a couple of weeks back and he said he had a 318/904 combo taking up space in his shop that he wanted gone. To many 440's under the workbench for a 318 to be hanging around. ;) Just what I needed for my 65 Barracudas project. I haven't run it yet but it's supposed to be tight and a nonsmoker which started right up after two years of being parked and the 904 is also to supposed to be in similar condition. Paid the man his cash and with no extra money involved, he threw in a driveshaft, 3 13" sbp roller wheels, a repop battery tie down (that some place he bought it from sent him the wrong year), and on top of all that, delivered it to my house with his Dad. I shot him and his Dad a few extra bucks for their fuel and time but he didn't ask. I just felt it was the right thing to do.

P.S. The original deal was 200 bucks for the motor and trans so even if something is big time wrong with either one (and I doubt there is ;) ) I don't think I'll be hurting at all.

Thanks Derrek. Nice doing business with you.:cheers:

Cool. Way to go Derrek.8)

55 Redneck, didn't I meet you on Chevytalk 7-8 years ago? Lol. Woodman here. I had a Grey 87 shortbed with stripes on it. That was the first paintjob I ever did.:-D

Cool. Way to go Derrek.8)

55 Redneck, didn't I meet you on Chevytalk 7-8 years ago? Lol. Woodman here. I had a Grey 87 shortbed with stripes on it. That was the first paintjob I ever did.:-D

I'm pretty sure it was me Woodman, I've been at Chevytalk since dirt was invented. LOL

P.S. Don't all you Mopar guys hate me now. I love my little 65 Cuda a lot. Will it ever be a replacement for my 55 Chevy? Probably not. I like cool cars and I think my Cuda fits the bill. Next car after this??? who knows? I can tell you one thing though, it won't be a Ferd. Well maybe a 67 or 68 Cougar but that's about it for me liking Ferds. One of these days I'll have to take a pic of a piece of tile I sculpted on the front step of my shop. It was done loooong before I bought a Mopar but it still fits. ;)

I thought that was you. I think I joined in 2000-01 or something. Lol. I havn't been on the board much since right before Tip passed on.
My brother is a roofer and needed a truck bad in 2004. I had just bought the new (then) 04 Ram, so I gave him my 87. That was the last Chevy I owned and I started spending my time on Mopar boards. I met my best friend on that board. He lives about 2 miles away from me.

It is good to see you.
I would like to see your tile. :-D

So who did you meet at CT that became your best friend? Is he still on there or is he Chevyless now too? I still own 2 Chevys but I love my little Cuda. I bought it off of someone I met at CT too many years ago and he's become a great friend.

P.S. I'll post a pic of my tile later tonight or tomorrow after work. I think most people here will like it. ;)

His screen name is Slonaker. First name Patrick. He still has his 86 shortbed too. Drank a beer with him about an hour ago.

Funny how we both ended up with 65 Barracudas. 8)

Good things sure do happen here allot :cheers:
Congrat's on the help and good deal 55Redneck 8)8)
Looking forward to seeing your tile work :-D

The little 4x4 step going into my shop. I tiled it with leftover scrap from a couple of jobs. I decided to get creative with my 4 inch mini grinder. ;)

6020_1197612309142_1493523654_546075_1162916_n.jpg

6020_1197612349143_1493523654_546076_1182498_n.jpg

P.S. 340Dart, I remember Sloanaker.8)

-
Back