Good "mopar" weekend

-

Backtobasics

Reaction score
I had an awesome Mopar weekend

Friday evening I put plugs / wires / cap / rotor / fuel filter on my 75 Colt that has been sitting in the back yard.... it fired instantly, warmed up, coolant circulated, and quit smoking after oil in cylinders cleared out....VICTORY#1

Saturday I started "un earthing" the 70 Challenger. Both hood and trunk lid we off, and it was a shelf. Engine compartment was completely cleaned, (wow, that's what the engine looks like), and completely gutted the trunk, rinsed the dirt and dust out, and put the exhaust system (Magnaflow 3" system), and all related "Challenger" items in the trunk, with the lid on and closed.... All I need is a buddy to come over, and hood will go on....VICTORY #2

(Interior cleaning to come)

Fuel pump on 76 Dart Lite has been a problem. 3rd one in 3 years. I found the receipt (parts store ID10T did not put under my name for warranty), found one local, and swapped it out, while relocating the fuel filter, and fuel line to minimize fuel boiling in lines...VICTORY #3

Sunday PM, went to move Dart, and CLICK, no start. Battery terminals were corroded. Went to garage, and found the pair of cable ends that I have move from location to location within the garage a million times. Swapped ends over, no drama, and car starts...Drove Dart to work, drama free, and it is a beautiful day...VICTORY 4.

WAHOO!

-
Back