Good News!

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Found a `68 steering column for my car, Promax delivered my carb parts, Jeg's sent a big box, and Year 1 is sending my taillight harness.

Woo-Hoo!

What are you going to do with a big box John.:bootysha::toothy10:

Glad your parts made it home.:cheers:

Christmas in June...when you figure out what to do with the big box let me know, I have a big box the grandsons Gator came in.

What are you going to do with a big box John.:bootysha::toothy10:

Glad your parts made it home.:cheers:

The Big Box contained a roll of aluminum 3/8" fuel line, some AN fittings, 3' of -6 braided fuel line, and a Fram filter cartridge. And I forgot to order my Holley pump!

`nuther box coming soon.

BTW: My fan shroud showed up today from Mancini's. One of my co-workers saw it and asked what it was and how much it cost.(He's into Hondas the poor bastard...) I told him what it was and he guessed the shroud cost about $50. I just laughed... :thebirdm:

y1 can be a pain in the *** with the harnesses. they get made by m & h electrical fabricators and they do them in lots. so if yours is backordered that long, it has been in line for some time. they make good stuff, they can just take a while. i know because i have an account with them and get the same lead time on chevy harnesses at times and still can't buy chrysler ones from them!

glad to see all seems to be coming together. i went thru the same sh*t with my painter. i returned my car twice. i made my 1st show(not fully done) in october. the car was sent to paint on feb. 1st.

...and just today a little white box arrived from Georgia containing a wiring harness.

Things are moving forward. Again!
093.gif

Good deal. Im still waiting for fine lines to send my fuel line.:bs:

Because I hate bending line and no one has 3/8" tube around here in sections longer then 4" Im not going to join 5 pieces together to make 1 line.

I have used the rolled aluminum stuff before and it was fine but Im trying to build this car as stock looking as possible and aluminum line an an fittings would look right.

Just a heads up John,
I'm sure you just got the same year of column that was in your car before, but if not...stand by to perhaps get a different steering wheel adaptor if you have an aftermarket wheel! I changed from a 69 to 67 and their was a differance and the adapter rode on the signal switch. Best of Luck to ya.

Just trying to be helpful!

Just a heads up John,
I'm sure you just got the same year of column that was in your car before....

Well... I'm not sure WHAT year column I had, but I know a `68 column is on it's way. I know the steering column shafts are different and I have an assortment of hub adapters from various cars I've owned over the years. And if I don't have one, what's another $12-15 at this point?

Thanks for the good advice. It was definitely worth posting :cheers:

-
Back