Good place to buy Frame-connectors?

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
Where is a good place to get frame connectors?
I'm leaning toward Mancini has them for $115 for bolt in one's but i'll weld them in anyhow.Magnumforce is to expensive for me they want $250 for there tublular one's!
Anybody know any other places to get them?

Mopar performance makes them for the a-bodys.

Not sure if your car's wheelbase is 108" or 111" but here are the part #'s.

108" wheelbase p4286868
111" wheelbase p4876658

Summit has the 111" for $141.00 plus a 8 or 9 dollar handleing charge.I like Summit alot.Plus you have a true Mopar part.

Do a search on the net with the part #'s.

Hope this helps.
John

Go buy some 2"x3" 1/8" wall box tubing, either a piece 12' long or get 2 pieces 6' long and cut them to the exact length you need with a torch or better yet use a plasma cutter (does such a neater job). Also get a piece of flat 1/8" thick bar or plate 2" wide by roughly 10", or slightly more, long to make the end pieces that but up against the crossmember. It will cost you a fraction of what you'll pay to order them and you can make them fit exactly the way you want. Thats how I made mine, and since your welding them anyway it wont matter that there are not any bolt holes. I will try to snap some pics of mine and post them up for you later if I can. Got to get out to snap some pics of a valance for another member here anyway so I will try to do that yet tonight.

Johnny Dart said:
Mopar performance makes them for the a-bodys.

Not sure if your car's wheelbase is 108" or 111" but here are the part #'s.

108" wheelbase p4286868
111" wheelbase p4876658

Summit has the 111" for $141.00 plus a 8 or 9 dollar handleing charge.I like Summit alot.Plus you have a true Mopar part.

Do a search on the net with the part #'s.

Hope this helps.
John

I already checked Summit and Jeg's but Mancini's is $115 compared to Summit and Jeg's is $141 for the same connectors from Mopar Performance,not sure of the shipping on Mancini's parts though.

krabysniper said:
Go buy some 2"x3" 1/8" wall box tubing, either a piece 12' long or get 2 pieces 6' long and cut them to the exact length you need with a torch or better yet use a plasma cutter (does such a neater job). Also get a piece of flat 1/8" thick bar or plate 2" wide by roughly 10", or slightly more, long to make the end pieces that but up against the crossmember. It will cost you a fraction of what you'll pay to order them and you can make them fit exactly the way you want. Thats how I made mine, and since your welding them anyway it wont matter that there are not any bolt holes. I will try to snap some pics of mine and post them up for you later if I can. Got to get out to snap some pics of a valance for another member here anyway so I will try to do that yet tonight.

I did that with my Duster but i was thinking about using something different on my Scamp.

Monicatti has the p4876658 for $113.05.

www.monicattichrysler.com/

p4286868_hb-300.jpg

Also, Magnum HP has a kick *** set that I am wanting to buy.

fcon02.jpg

Link to an install on a B-body.

paying over 100$ is freaking crazy i made mine out of 2'' square tubing 1/8 inch thick and that was recommended to me by ken hensley

try Auto Rust Technicians. I think they're in deleware? That's where I got mine. I used 2x2.
do NOT buy the bolt in ones. To really work they must come through the floorpan and get welded to the floor pan. Mine only came through about 1/2" and with the carpet down you don't even know they're there.

don

-
Back