Good Score 2day!! Vintage Gasser Wheels

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
I bought these today! 15x3 1/2 aluminum (magnesium?) slotted front runner rims. Not sure of the brand but I think they are American Racing wheels, they say made in the U.S.A. on them and the size but nothing else, the center caps are not correct but fit nice. I was delivering to an old car repair shop for work and these were lying there, I said "cool wheels" and he said "they are for sale", got a very good price!! :-D They are the unilug pattern, anyone know what brand these couild be? I will need to polish them up good, they are fresh from the barn, complete with years of dust and bird poop! The guy also has 2 more like this in a 15x10 but they have a chevy bolt pattern, oh well. Thanks!!

Picture 705.jpg

Picture 707.jpg

Picture 706.jpg

Picture 708.jpg

Maybe fentons? I have a pair of 15x3.5 fentons on the front of my spirit untill I can get tires mounted on my pro stars.

Those are very cool. I think back then, unilug meant oblonging the holes. You might be able to do that with the 15x10s if the BS (backspacing) is correct for your car.

I have a set that are similar, mine are western wheels but they say western on the back... there should be something cast onto the rear of the wheel/...:read2:

They look like they are in good shape. Good find 66340SEDAN!!
What size bolt pattern do you have on the front of your valiant??

They look like they are in good shape. Good find 66340SEDAN!!
What size bolt pattern do you have on the front of your valiant??

I have 73 Duster disc brake spindles with 5 on 4 1/2, 5 on 4 1/2 on the rear too.

Cool score, They will look cool up front. I like the steelies on the back though!

They look like Fentons or possibly US. I had some US wheels back in the late 70's that had a similar web design on the rear and only said made in the USA and the size. Unilugs require steel insert cam washers to locate the wheel properly on the hub. I have a set of old Keystone Klassics on my Duster that use these. The unilug pattern allows the wheels to be used on Chevy or Mopar/ Ford applications and generally is not applicable to smmall bolt A bodies. But those are cool looking vintage wheels.

I'll go with the other guys and guess Ansens or Fentons. These are Ansen 15x8 slots that I coated in Super Chrome a few months ago, and the backs looked just like the ones you bought.

Congrats on the great score!

nice, looks like american racing ansens to me too8)

sometimes the brand was printed/stamped into the inner part of the wheel. you might see it if you take the tire off

-
Back