Good shock for 60ft on 69 barracuda?

-

moturbopar

Reaction score
Hi all, I need to find some shocks for the back of my barracuda. It had some blown out crap air shocks on the back, when I got it. I just got the 8 3/4 in it so next step is shocks. I am looking for somethng that would be ok for the strip and ok for the street. I was looking at the CE drag shocks, but have been told that they are scarry on the street, Anyways right now I am using stock springs, clamped front and a pinion snubber, So what shocks should i start with?

Also I have KYB shocks on the front and was considering a different shock, such as the CE drag shock. The KYBs seem pretty harsh, and dont knoww if they aare too stiff for the drag strip.

I have the Competition Engineering shock from Summit on all four corners and love them. This is on my 64 Valiant, I am running the 90/10 up front. They are all adjustable, and the 90/10's help with keeping the giant 8qt oil pan off the bumps. They can be had through Summit, and are very reasonably priced. I couldnt tell you how well they helped my 60ft, cause I did shocks and slicks at the same time.

I have the Competition Engineering shock from Summit on all four corners and love them. This is on my 64 Valiant, I am running the 90/10 up front. They are all adjustable, and the 90/10's help with keeping the giant 8qt oil pan off the bumps. They can be had through Summit, and are very reasonably priced. I couldnt tell you how well they helped my 60ft, cause I did shocks and slicks at the same time.
yep. Run them on the front of my cuda and all 4s on my 63 savoy

if money is not a problem the QA1s are the way to go! Just turn the knob to adjust..

QA1'1 Double adjustables. You can really fine tune them and then go back to your street settings. They are a little high though. Got mine at jegs.

I have a pair of C2735 Competition Engineering used rear shocks for an A body. They have a small dent on each outer housing from a pinion snubber failing, but it doesn't seem to effect their performance. I bought all four from a member here, needing only the fronts. Make me an offer on them.

-
Back