good shop manuals

-

TLlew

Reaction score
I just got my first /6 car, a 66 Valiant w/ a 170/904 trans, and I was wonder what good shop manuals are out there for the /6 and carter bbs carb.

That is a good price! I got mine from Authentic Restoration Products. They were a bit more. :shock:

CJ

It's hard to beat having the factory repair and parts manuals in hard copy or CD. The parts manuals are helpful with exploded drawings and the part number that was current at the time. The two Dodge dealers I use can take an old part number and cross reference it to a current part number. It's amazing what Mopar still stocks and what is sitting on dealer's shelves that can be accessed through their computer system.

I got a few old Motor Auto Repair Manuals that were published by Hearst. These were published annually. Since there is a little lag, if you're looking for a '66 Dart, suggest trying to find the 67 manual. They give good coverage to the current year plus up to 5 years back (i.e. the 67 manual would give coverage back to 62). They give basic tune-up and alignment specs for back into the 40s. One of the good things about most of the non-factory manuals, is that they stay away from using special tools unless there is no way around it.

-
Back