Good site to buy tires?

-

Coryduran

Reaction score
I have a 65 Dart GT, it's got the stock wheels on it, I just wanna find a site to buy tires from. I wanna throw some white walls/white stripe tires on it. Nothing fancy this is just a driver, not a racing car.

tirerack works good, or my local discount tire will match or beat the price

Most tire shops will have the 1.5 inch whitewall mid 60's cars came with. Unless your looking for 3" bad boys then I'd check out Coker

IMHO, try to support your local tire guy. That way, he'll still be there when you need him.

Otherwise you'll be talking to some "deadeyes" @ Wal-Mart or Costco "Automotive".

Just my $.02

IMHO, try to support your local tire guy. That way, he'll still be there when you need him.

Not to mention you need them mounted and balanced......usually they do it for free when you buy tires.

I'm not going to be installing these or anything like that. I already have a tire/wheel guy in town. I was just looking for the best deal on the tires themselves.

The local guy can't keep his doors open by just mounting tires people buy on line. He makes $$ on the tires too. If he's off by a few dollars, give him the business. If he's off by a lot, tell him and see if he'll adjust his price.

I guess I'm just saying to look at the *bigger* picture. If he's close, give him the benefit of your business. If he won't move and he's way off, then do what you have to do....

Just my $.02

Do you have Discount Tire or America's tire? I put small white walls on my Valiant. They are Cooper Trendsetter SE.

The local guy can't keep his doors open by just mounting tires people buy on line. He makes $$ on the tires too. If he's off by a few dollars, give him the business. If he's off by a lot, tell him and see if he'll adjust his price.

I guess I'm just saying to look at the *bigger* picture. If he's close, give him the benefit of your business. If he won't move and he's way off, then do what you have to do....

Just my $.02

Well I went to my guy today, and he doesn't have the tires I need, not even in any of their warehouses in all of california. He gave me a site to go on and buy them, and go back to him for the install/alignment. I'll check his site, but still curious as to whether or not any of you guys know of a good site for tires.

I got my BFG T/A's from tirerackdotcom They were $35 cheaper and cost me only $10 to have them mounted\balanced by the local guy. He could not come down on his tire price.

-
Back