Gophers

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Anybody got a way that will get rid of them? We are hoping to have our entire 5 acres fenced by the end of the year next year. And we kind of do not need craters like this in either one of the driveways......

Attachments

• IMG_2720.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 170
I use that tool that distributes the pellets that has a probing rod you stick in the gopher hole. It works well in California anyway's. I am on 5 acres and i use it about once a year and that is it in a few areas. It kills em dead for sure!

watermelon bubble gum

Leave it by the hole and let the gopher eat it. They cannot digest it and it will clog up their digestive tract and cause death.

Or the stuff from TSC. Light the fuse cram it into the hole and cover the hole up. The gas is ammonia (if i remember right) and it fills the hole up with toxic gas and it kills the gophers in the hole.

Hey Louis, got a picture of this thing? A neighbor swears by the pinwheel looking things, but they have the things everywhere you look....

Hire Carl Spackle

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Hx5ka1FiA&feature=related"]YouTube - Caddyshack - The Big Bang Ending[/ame]

I will have to look to see if this available up here. I went looking for the preemergent weed control, I called it agent orange do to its turning everything you spray it on orange bit I think it is called Surflan, only to find that it is illegal to sell up here.
This has always worked for me.....

They sell the bait in different containers and different brands. The brand of bait doesn't matter much it is all pretty deadly and does the job well!

View attachment 200566

View attachment 200567

View attachment 200568

Does 'C4' ring a bell ??

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m48j9INPICo&feature=related"]YouTube - The MythBusters blow up a cement truck![/ame]

I use that tool that distributes the pellets that has a probing rod you stick in the gopher hole. It works well in California anyway's. I am on 5 acres and i use it about once a year and that is it in a few areas. It kills em dead for sure!

Thats what I use too. Works well.

You will never be rid of them. As soon as you kill som more will just move in. But if you keep on top of it you can get it to not be so bad. Soon as you see a mound get that poison in there.

.22 shells are cheap...that's how we handle them here.
That is the problem, the bastards never show there ugly faces. When my wife was a kid her and her mom would go out with the garden hose and a shovel, just flood the hole and then play whack-a-mole, but we have tunnels running every which way.....I just watched the video for the rodenator, I very well might buy one just for the entertainment value.....

That is the problem, the bastards never show there ugly faces. When my wife was a kid her and her mom would go out with the garden hose and a shovel, just flood the hole and then play whack-a-mole, but we have tunnels running every which way.....

I don't see them out of there holes much either. Don't think they see well in the light so they stay under ground.

I have tryed the traps too. But they suck. You have to check them all the time and reset them and tie them down so they don't get away with them. With the poison you just put it in there and it's done.

It's fun/safe/effective and works. When you're finished cleaning up your property to can rent yourself out to friends. Great christmas gift.:toothy10:

http://www.rodenator.com/

way cool I want one and I live in the city , one of the vids had a slo- mo that appeared to show the rodent flying out of the adjoining hole .Wonder what they cost

Try Chocolated Ex-Lax... My parents used that at their house. Or was it for moles. They will eat it because of the chocolate, and it will give them the runs and they won't be able to stay hydrated and die...

Anybody got a way that will get rid of them? We are hoping to have our entire 5 acres fenced by the end of the year next year. And we kind of do not need craters like this in either one of the driveways......
Dude! Those are some badass gophers! The ones at my house just leave little tunnels.

Dude! Those are some badass gophers! The ones at my house just leave little tunnels.
The craters are from one of our coonhounds. He has even took down a small tree in his quest for killing another gopher. We have holes and trench's going every which way. He is out there as I type this, chest deep in one of the holes growling as he is digging......

-
Back