GoPro + Live Streaming Online = HELP!

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
hello techies! I am looking to use my gopro to livestream my wedding for family out of town. after reading online it looks like its possible but im not understanding what it takes.

here is what i have access to:

gopro hero 3 black
modem
router
and a laptop

i made a ustream account but thats about as far as ive gotten. any help would be so welcome!

well i found this, VLC thing. i got it to stream from the camera to my computer but i had to switch the computers wifi signal from the router (internet) to the gopro. by doing that i lose my internet connection. getting closer but not there yet...

Never thought about trying to do this with the GoPro. I see the dilema there. The computer has to have the wifi signal set to the camera wifi, but how to get around giving up the internet wifi....

Is it possible to have the wifi on the camera going and directly connect to the internet source with a cable? Or is the internet source wireless only?

Never thought about trying to do this with the GoPro. I see the dilema there. The computer has to have the wifi signal set to the camera wifi, but how to get around giving up the internet wifi....

Is it possible to have the wifi on the camera going and directly connect to the internet source with a cable? Or is the internet source wireless only?

this is what i came up with after sleeping last night! i havn't got to try it but i am tonite.

and yes i have the modem hooked to a wireless router, but i have some LAN cables i can come off of either for the computer internet

-
Back