Got a little work done on the Dart

-

dartcuda

Mopar Or No Car
Reaction score
Well on one of the fenders i am putting on it. Got it down to bare metal and some ictching primmer on it. Now I have a couple of small dents and dings to fix. Nothing real big. So shouldn't take too muck to get it ready to install. Then it will be onto the othe fender.

Looks good, and that ding looks fairly low so she should look great when she done :thumbup:

I have never seen an early dart up close and didn't realize the fenders looked like that.

Pretty cool.:thumbup:

Good job getting it etched in!!!
Looking supperbo. :blob:

Thanks guys. I was happy to see how good of shape the fender was. Yeah the dent is low and shouldn't be too much of a task to fix.

got some more done on it today. This time I finished sanding down the hood since it was raining and really couldn't work on the fender. Got the iching primmer on it too, and i just might lay some fiberglas around the hood scoop tommorrow. And hopefully it won't crack in the corners this time.

Looking great! Do you paln on doing all the body work, including color coat, yourself?

Yes do plan on doing al the work myself. Can't afford to pay someone to do it. This wuill be the second time around for the Dart in tha last 12 years. Here's what it looked like when I painted it the forst time.

tn_66Dart.jpg

Nice work.
Gotta appreciate a guy prepping and painting his own car.

Well done !!!!

Thanks. Allot of work still ahead, but it has been a fun doing all the mods I have done to it so far. Like the hood scoop, wing, the v8 and 4 speed conversion and the flip gas cap off a 69 Barracuda.

dartcuda said:
Yes do plan on doing al the work myself. Can't afford to pay someone to do it. This wuill be the second time around for the Dart in tha last 12 years. Here's what it looked like when I painted it the forst time.

tn_66Dart.jpg

Looks sharp! I noticed in one of your other threads your g/f using an orbital sander to get down to bare metal.... try to stay away from using one when doing sanding down the body filler and primer. Body work done with an orbital sander will always produce an uneven surface once the paint is on. The car will always look like it's waving at you.

I know what you mean about doing the body filler with a d.a.. Actually i don't have too much problems with it being wavy when i use one. But this time I do plan on using my air board and allot of block sanding.

Yes H22A4 is correct
Sand some primer off by hand and keep the power tools off of it.
It will be worth the time and take your time blocking it out.
This will give it that glass look. You are doing great :thumbup:
Remember you have a great women backing you.
Just my 10 cents worth. :)

This will hurt. :banghead: I sould have keep it to myself.

That is why I use a paint stir stick :pain10:
to do most if not all of my finial prep for paint.
Tape two stir sticks together and hand sand it down.
No power tools!! :salute:

Also have learned to use a drop light to go over the body with. It will show low spots in the body work. did that to fix a dent in my Lebaron and it showed me the low spots. It turned out good afterwards. Something I learned from the body guys at the motorhome company where I work.

-
Back