Got Back Into the 10's

-

Dart Sport 360

Wanna Race?
Reaction score
We had our truck out for some test and tune on Saturday for the first time since this winter.

My Dad and I split time with the truck and since his cancer treatment a year ago he is pretty much a 100 lbs lighter then me... I'm a Fat *** at 230, hes right around 140.. Last year Dad would run right on the 11.0 threshold but never got into the 10's.. I was 11.10's..

Over the winter we freshened the bottom end, sent the converter back to be reworked and had the tranny serviced.

Dads first pass was an 11.04 which was ok but when he got back he said next pass would be in the 10's. He was a it nervous being the first time out. Next pass was a 10.99 so he was right. We checked and reset the timing and he went out and ran this 10.85 @122. He's pretty happy with that.

[ame="http://youtu.be/M15YXmbZApM"]http://youtu.be/M15YXmbZApM[/ame]

I got in and made the last pass of the day and went 11.02 @ 120... Time for a diet I guess. I did fire off a .007 light.... lucky?

It was a good day, beautiful weather. Now to get out and go some rounds!

Thanks for watching!

Dam nice looking truck.

Glad to see your Dad making some runs after his cancer, must put a huge smile on his face.

That truck is sure hauling Darcy. Are you taking it to St Thomas next weekend?

Dave

Is there more to be found tuning it? I was the one who asked about tunnel ram last night. That sure is hauling the mail!

That truck is sure hauling Darcy. Are you taking it to St Thomas next weekend?

Dave

That's the Plan Dave. I'm trying to get a trailer so I can bring my Dart and we can both run. If not them maybe we'll double class and I'll run the truck class. Looking forward to it for sure.

Is there more to be found tuning it? I was the one who asked about tunnel ram last night. That sure is hauling the mail!

Ah cool! I replied this morning... We had problems on Saturday morning with the water pump and were lucky to make any passes after a trip to the hardware store in the morning. We didn't get on the track until after lunch so we didn't do too much except look at the timing.

Jetting looked OK, about the same as last year. We only put 4 passes on the new plugs. Really should pull a plug at the top end. I would like to try moving the shift RPM up. I've been told by the converter manufacturer (ATI) and some others that we should be shifting closer to 7000 with our cam/intake combo. We are at 6500 now. Never enough time in the day to try everything. That was also through the mufflers so it would be interesting to pull them off and try it.

Dad is thinking of racing in a bracket series this weekend (DSE) so maybe he can try some things in TT's. I cant make it with him as we have our girls 5th birthday party.

Thanks

-
Back