Got dismissed from jury duty yesterday

-
I got summoned a minimum of twice a year in the 10 years I lived in Lansing in spite of having gone in the first time with my Canadian birth certificate , It's a drivers licence lottery and I won it on a regular basis , my american wife got called once in the same period , she wanted to serve but got sent home after the first day of selection.

odd, I'm not for from Lansing (my wife used to study there) , ive lived in this area for 12 years now, and I've had a legal MI driverslicense all that time, but neither me or my wife (who is an American citizen) ever got invited

About 15 years ago I had the pleasure of sitting on the grand jury. It was one day a week for twelve weeks. We heard some pretty interesting and some gut wrenching stuff.
I just feel that it's my civic duty to sit on any type of jury.

Yeah it got to be a running joke with my golfing buddies "you coming or ya got jury duty again ?" lol funny they rarely got called either .

I have never got to the question stage. I feel it is my duty but I wonder if I could actually put up with it if the jury was half totally stupid, ignorant types.

she likes to watch some of those crime shows, 60 min type stuff, how many times does some poor guy go to trial 2 -3 times , until they finally fin d him quilty!????

-
Back