Got me a 1 of 1 LRE

-

TexasDart

Reaction score
That's what the guy told me anyway. I probably paid too much but I've always wanted one...what the heck....AC, PWR door locks, cruise control, it's got it all.

Attachments

• f150a.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 226
What did u pay for it? the 4.6 are garbage. Should swap out to a coyote 5.0 Truck looks clean.

;) hahahha

Clean except for that Photoshopped LRE decal on the door, and the fact that it and the original pic are at two different resolutions.

Can't tell you what I paid...I'm sending it to Barret-Jackson. May need some white lettered tires first though.

What did u pay for it? the 4.6 are garbage. Should swap out to a coyote 5.0 Truck looks clean.

;) hahahha

My wife had a 2000 Stang with the 4.6, thing hauled ***. I'd rather have the 5.0 coyote too but the 4.6 is anything but garbage.

My wife had a 2000 Stang with the 4.6, thing hauled ***. I'd rather have the 5.0 coyote too but the 4.6 is anything but garbage.
Yeah, it's a great engine. Been in all those cop cars and taxis for decades. Plus they put out great power for it's size.

darn...I can't put anything past you all...you all are sharp. :)

I have had two of these 4.6s and they both are great engines...actually does run pretty good for what it is. This one has 140K miles and my 99 Crown Vic had 170K before it met it's Big Buck Death. I've seen these engines go for over 500K. It's also the biggest little engine you have ever seen.:) Can't believe it's only 281 cubic inches.

My buddy and I were talking about LRE's and I told him my stepside would look good as an LRE...he told me that I ain't right...I fooled him.

darn...I can't put anything past you all...you all are sharp. :)

I have had two of these 4.6s and they both are great engines...actually does run pretty good for what it is. This one has 140K miles and my 99 Crown Vic had 170K before it met it's Big Buck Death. I've seen these engines go for over 500K. It's also the biggest little engine you have ever seen.:) Can't believe it's only 281 cubic inches.

My buddy and I were talking about LRE's and I told him my stepside would look good as an LRE...he told me that I ain't right...I fooled him.

Ya they are quite the elephant, pretty much as big as a 426 hemi

Just put a motor in one. The spark plugs broke off. And he installed the new plugs and fired it. What a joke the cab had to come off.

Yeah the spark plugs can be a pain in the azzzz....I pay someone to install them every 100K miles. I can't believe they put them straight up and down on top of the engine. I've heard of 5.4s spitting them out because the old ones didn't have enough threads in the head. The back plugs are under the firewall....those are the real painful ones.

That sounds like the triton motor, if that's what it has in it that's an entirely different motor than the modular 4.6 and can be a total pain in the ***.

-
Back