got my 15x7 bbp steelies

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Hi Y'all,

Went to my local boneyard the other day, got a set of 4 BBP 15x7 steelies off a chrysler fifth ave. $15 per rim, even got the oil filter adaptor for $5 off it. Years ago i picked up a set of four 67/68 plymouth dog dish caps at a local flea market for $30. My intent was always to go steelies and caps.

My 67 is going bbp brakes off a 79 cordoba. I got the beat tires demounted the other day, and cant wait to get these in the sand blaster and some primer on them.

I think the originals for 67 were 14x5 so these will be an improvement while appearing stock. Not sure how wide im going to go on tires yet. I was thinking an aggressive tread. maybe 225-50-R15 ? No whitewalls LOL. Either redlines or blackwalls. Other decision is do i paint them black , or body color. The car will be daffodil yellow. Same color as the car in the last pic (not mine).

Matt

Attachments

• 20151003_153414.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 213
  • 20151003_161948.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 224
  • attachment-7.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 218
  • attachment-6.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 213
Not sure if these are kelsey hayes wheels or not. Will look for KH markings when i sand blast them. Reason being is i have a set of KH 15x8 chevy suburban rallyes, and a friend showed me how to cut the webs out of the centers, and slip in a different center web, true it up and weld it..

There were 2 different steel rim manufacturers. Kelsey Hayes and Budd. The hoops and webs do not interchange between the 2 companies. Because of slightly different inner hoop diameters each of these companies used the webs wont swap. If these 15x7s are KH, i will probably widen the ones i plan on using on the rear to 8" using the suburban rallye wheel hoops. I may make the offset go back into the wheel opening so they appear all the same dept from the curbside

-
Back