Got my Edelbrock Front Shocks

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
I ordered front and rear but rear has not come in yet. I have a question. First can I put the front in then the rear when they arrive? Next there is no instructions in the box but I thought I knew how to do this till I looked at the hardware. In the box is the shock, 2 poly bushings, a (spacer?) thick washer?, and the cap. My questions is why is there two poly bushings and do I need the spacer?

When I installed the monroe I simple compressed them fit the lower mount and positioned the top mount through the hole. Then the bushing and cap and tightened down to torque.

Well, I went ahead an started to install them and have a problem. There is metal sleeve through the bottom bushing that is to wide. Any suggestions? It appears to be about a quarter inch or so.

Just spoke to edelbrock and the shocks I got were not the correct ones. CRAP. The rear are good. So now comes into question can I modify them and how? Should I just get a replacement? I paid 46.99 a piece I would love to try and stay close to that and still upgrade any suggestions?

Anybody please? I would love to keep these as I got a good deal. I did check and they are the same length. I am going to measure tonight exactly how much wider the sleeve is to the mounting opening.

i think the wide bottoms are B body shocks... remember something of the sort when trying to use shocks off my 65 for the dart... was being cheap lol...

The loop that hold the bushing and sleeve does fit it is just the sleeve and I think the bushing keeping it out. Can I shave it down a little to make it fit or would that compromise anything?

yea i know what you ment... the b shocks are wider bushing and sleeve... you can or call them up and make them send you the right stuff...

and why eddy's? whats the car being used for?? hear the bilstein's are better then KYB's...

I am on hold with edelbrock to see if I can order the correct bushing and sleeve. I am sure the shock is the same for most applications.

The length is only different by about half an inch and the do fit in the space so I am okay with that. Edelbrock is sending me the correct sleeves.

The length is only different by about half an inch and the do fit in the space so I am okay with that. Edelbrock is sending me the correct sleeves.

cool do you have a press? sometimes they are kinda glued in there...

Just wanted to update. Turns out the front shocks aren't going to work to much to make them fit and I just don't need the headache. So anyone interested in a set of shocks for a Dakota I am seeling for what I have in em 55.00 plus shipping.

I ended up with KYB front and rear and they are much nicer then what I had. Totally flattened out the ride of the entire car. Turns are much smoother in general.

You should be getting the rears soon. They only had one in stock and I needed two. I just returned my one rear that they sent me. They received it on Tuesday.

-
Back