Got My First Warning For Having Junk Car(s) On My Property!

-

WONTGETDUSTED

CRACKED-OUT MOPAR TECH JUNKY
Reaction score
OK HERE IS THE DEAL HERE IN THE CITY OF MONGOMERY,AL WE HAVE THIS CITY ORDINACE AGAINST HAVING JUNK OR WREAKED NON RUNNING VEHICLES IN ON THE PROPERTY. SO HERES MY SITUTION MY DUSTER WHICH HAS THE FRONT CLIPS OFF IS FACING TOWARDS THE STREET AND UP ON JACK STANDS WITH FRONT SUSPION AND K FRAME REMOVED AND THE REAR WHEELS ON IT UNDER MY CARPORT.THE 70 NEW YORKER DRIVE TRAIN DONOR WHICH IS STILL A DRIVABLE CAR IS IN THE BACKYARD AND A BUDDIES NISSAN MAXIMA WHICH DOSENT RUN IS PULLED HALF WAY ON TO MY BACK PATIO..SO I'M GUESSING IT THE FELLOW NEXT DOOR WHO DIDNT CARE FOR THE ALL THE SANDBLATING THAT WAS GOING ON THIS WEEKEND WHO CALLED THE CITY ON ME BUT I'M NOT CERTIAN AND I REALLY DONT CARE. RIGHT NOW I JUST WISH I KNEW WHAT TO DO TO GET THE CITY TO LEAVE ME ALONE. THE NEW YORKER I CAN DRIVE TO MY DADS ABOUT 20MI AWAY AND THE MAXIMA CAN BE FIXED IN A WEEKEND OR TOWED OFF BUT MY POOR ALMOST READY FOR PAINT DUSTER IS STUCK. I CAN PICK THE FRONT END OF THE CAR UP BY MYSELF I'M SURE WITH A BUDDY OR 2 WE CAN GET THE CAR TURNED AROUND AND SLAP A CAR COVER OVER IT...I'M GOING TO CALL TOMARROW AND FIND OUT WHAT MY OPTIONS ARE...I GUESS THE BIGGEST THING IS THAT THOSE BASTARDS CLASSIFED MY CAR AS JUNK. THE BAD THING IS THAT AS WAS PULLING IN THE DRIVE WAY SOME GUY FROM AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD HAD STOPPED AND WAS READING THE STUPID SIGN THAT GOT STAKED IN MY YARD. THE FIRST THING HE SAID AS I WAS GETTING OUT OF THE BEATER WAS "YOUR BREAKING THE LAW BECAUSE YOUR RESTORING A CAR ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY, THATS THE DUMBEST **** I'VE EVER READ.":angry7:

That happened to me once in Oklahoma. The car was sitting outside and had a flat tire and they considered it junk because it had been there a week with a flat tire. I aired the tire up and moved the car into the driveway and covered it. Bastards wrote me a warning as well. I promptly threw the thing in the trash after I bitched out the poor bastard who answered the phone at the police station. I feel your pain.

Put numbers on the windshield like a race car, most citys have exemptions for special purpose vehicles or buy a trailer load it and tag the trailer and its mobile and not an abandoned vehicle.

Yeah that sucks. I am not too sure about in your state but here in Or they have what is called a nusiance law. So basicly if some can see it and they don't like it they can call it in. I got hit on that a few years back about a car I had in my back yard on a trailer, that was lic. I would check into the laws and see what you can do.

last time i got pulled over in my duster he told me i was going too fast and if im not careful, my piece of sh#t plymouth would fall apart

i got angry and told him last weekend his piece of sh#t ford (crown vic) couldnt catch up to my duster around midnight (on old highway 16)

lesson learned...
theres always loopholes around the law but when you start bragging you spend the day at police station giving a statment as to what you were doing around midnight the weekend before

oops, shouldnt of let that one slip

:snakeman:

That sucks, Same dilemma here in New Mexico, I had a friends 65 fairlane on the side of the house and they tagged it as junk, had to be completely covered with a tarp to keep it. That's a big car to be covering............needless to say my buddy sat on it too long and it got towed. I don't think he cared too much, It was a pos rust bucket. Sorry to hear about the city on your ***. That really does suck.

http://www.sema.org/main/semaorghome.aspx?id=50721

Look into the local "clunker" laws and see if there is anything on SEMA's website, they are real big on B.S. clunker laws.
They tried to pass a clunker law in kitsap county (about an hour away from Seattle) and all it got them was a meeting hall filled with pissed off classic car guys and a pic of my dad on the front page of the local paper pointing his finger at some guy and a look on his face that I can only describe as the "Oh **** dad is ganna kick my ***" look.
Also if your town has a car show you could point out the fact that if it weren't for guys like you that restore these old piles of crap into shiny street rods there would be no car show that guys from all over come to and bring their kids and wives, wives and kids that = revenue for your town/city. That was another one of my dads arguments right before the big Port Orchard car show that my dads car club puts on. The same one that brings in 700+ cars and famlies every year. The clunker law didn't pass.

In 1968 my 1967 was turned in by my next door neighbor (local nutcase). It was licensed and insured and in perfect shape, I was finishing up my enlistment at Ft Gordon. The poor cop didn't have a clue how to handle the complaint. My Dad suggested since his cruiser was parked in the driveway too it was also "junk". I came home the end of Jan, The crazy old lady next door was still calling my car in...

In Az I was sleeping after working grave yard and at 9 am the cops showed up to ask if I knew who abanded a 78 power wagon in front of my house I told them it was in my name and tagged, they said no this was turned in as a non operational and had to be towed. I told them to feel the rad it was still hot. They made me get dressed and drive it, the next week they were back. I parked it in my RV parking and they came back and said it I could not have anything in my RV parking that was over 5' high ( this had a 4" lift on 33s so I could not hide it. ) I gave up and sold it.... And this was a running diving power wagon all it needed was paint.

My A-Hole next door neighbor pulled this same thing on me about two months ago. The police wouldnt tell me who is was, but I knew exactly who. He turned my duster in (that I drive every weekend, and some weekdays) as an abandoned vehicle. Its -Licensed -Insured -Clean, and VERY road worthy. And it is sure as heck not abandoned! FFS! Its parked either in my drive-way,or in front of my house. I never even did anything to piss him off (yet). So now that I moved it and got the police to sign off on it, the A-Hole has all his buddies on the street write a letter to the city about how they dont like to see my "junky" car even in MY DRIVEWAY (they just say "lots" of letters, they wont tell me what neighbors). Can you believe this? So the city manager visits me and tells me I have to put it in the backyard behind my fence! WTF! Now I just drive it to work as often as I can so no one can mess with it. And I am damn sure he is the idiot who has been throwing roofing nails in the road near my cars (three flats in two months from it). What can you do about nuts like this?

My A-Hole next door neighbor pulled this same thing on me about two months ago. The police wouldnt tell me who is was, but I knew exactly who. He turned my duster in (that I drive every weekend, and some weekdays) as an abandoned vehicle. Its -Licensed -Insured -Clean, and VERY road worthy. And it is sure as heck not abandoned! FFS! Its parked either in my drive-way,or in front of my house. I never even did anything to piss him off (yet). So now that I moved it and got the police to sign off on it, the A-Hole has all his buddies on the street write a letter to the city about how they dont like to see my "junky" car even in MY DRIVEWAY (they just say "lots" of letters, they wont tell me what neighbors). Can you believe this? So the city manager visits me and tells me I have to put it in the backyard behind my fence! WTF! Now I just drive it to work as often as I can so no one can mess with it. And I am damn sure he is the idiot who has been throwing roofing nails in the road near my cars (three flats in two months from it). What can you do about nuts like this?

My friend had neighbors like that. He was told he had to keep his garage door closed so they wouldn't have to see his car. A clean 62 Nova. And he had a 4dr fairlane late 60's at that in primer. In order for his revenge he painted a huge dick on the hood with balls and hair. And on the trunk he painted a huge "pussy"cat if you catch my drift. And the sides with graffiti. It was tagged and insured. He would park it in front of different neighbors houses that were bitchin about him having a older car in front of his house. They said it brought down the value of the neighborhood. After the dick/cat car deal they begged him to stop, which he told them he would if they left him alone. It wasn't like he was stripping down a car in the middle of the street, they were always covered or in the garage.

I went through the same thing here in Colorado.I had to build a fence to hide the cars.They told me that as long at it has plates,its not considered a "non-operational vehicle.So what i did was turn the cars to face foward,put some bogus plates on the front.Lol.but yeah the city ordinances are ridicoulous.

Whatever happened to the right to liberty. F*Ck these mostly a-hole retirees with nothing in life better to do than watch the sidewalk all day. Luckily my car is in the backyard behind a huge RV fence. You can't see anything from the street. My neighbor can sure hear me grinding and sanding away. I used to close the garage door so the air compressor would not be so loud. Now I open up everything full throttle. I can't wait to start my engine with open headers at 8am Saturday mornings. Even better during the week as well. Retired old hag. She even had her dog's vocal cords cut. Crazy people.

I had problems with the city we use to live in ticketing my 23 roadster as junk. $350 a pop. I never paid them I just moved to the next city over HAHAHA. :bootysha: But now my neighbors on both sides of me are kool. Both hot rodders. So Im good now as long as I never get my Lic. ran!!!

I live in a very rural area also and my county has an ordinance that you can't have more than two non licensed "junk" vehicles. The nice thing is even though there is such a law the Sheriff's department said they have more important things to do than worry about someone having to many unlicensed "junk" cars. Now matter what the law says if these vehicles are out of site they cannot do a thing about enforcing these laws. You can own as many cars as you wish if knowone can see them. These laws were written just like most other laws, someone abused it so now the decent people have to pay the price also. The easiest way when you get tagged, is to get the car out of site.

On other little tid bit; You, as the accused have the right to meet your accuser. So they have to tell you who or whom it was that filled the complaint. If they don't tell you they can't enforce the law because if you want to fight it in court you have a right to interview ALL witnesses. If they refuse to let you interview their witness then you can ask the court to dismiss the charges.

Chuck

Impact wrench warfare and loud exhaust might sound good (pun). The only thing that would concern me is that it might PO some neighbors that didn’t have an opinion.
What ever happens to the cars, I would be sure and start a beautification project of my yard (near to the suspected A hole).
This would consist of a planter made out of a car body.
Tires with plants in them are always a tasteful addition.
Can you weld up lawn decorations with spare parts?
Axle dinosaurs and sheet metal animals add the whimsical touch to any landscape.

It's neighbors like this that piss me off, so far I don't think I have any, and I often work on my 70 swinger which is in the garage with the doors open. It's too bad when a person has nothing better to do then mind your business instead of their own. I think some loose bleeder screws might be in order or a kick in the head.

FWIW, there is a guy near me that is always in hot water over his property. To really piss everyone off he painted his house, truck & car school bus yellow. He then proceeded to fill his yard with lawn orniments all painted school bus yellow. He now walks up and down the street in bright yellow overalls with his hair dyed yellow (not blond but as close to school bus yellow as you can get) pushing a shopping cart he painted school bus yellow picking up trash and empties that have been tossed on the road side.

Now this guy is definately a nut bag but he has certainly made a statement! :)

If you find out who it is don't do anything! If you hassle this person you could get a witness intimidation/tampering charge on you and that would really be real ugly, possibly a felony.

Chuck

It's neighbors like this that piss me off, so far I don't think I have any, and I often work on my 70 swinger which is in the garage with the doors open. It's too bad when a person has nothing better to do then mind your business instead of their own. I think some loose bleeder screws might be in order or a kick in the head.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I am dealing with something irritatingly similar. I keep my Duster and Barracuda in my garage. They both have Flowmaster exhaust, but up until now, they were manifolded, so noise at idle was not as severe. A year passed by since I got the cars and put them in the garage. I had just gotten through setting the timing on my Duster one afternoon, when I decided to leave in my Ram to go have lunch with my girlfriend. About an hour later, my mother calls me during lunch on my cell to inform me that two police officers were at the front door with a stern warning. At this point, my blood was curtiling, as I knew it was something irrational about the cars. I got home just in a nick of time to speak with them. They advised me that a certain neighbor had complained that my vehicles make too much noise and that he demanded them gone immediately. When asked who made such a frivilous statement, they police refused to inform me, which escalated my anger. I knew exactly who it was. I have an elderly man directly across my cul-de-sac who only goes out every morning to get lunch and every evening to buy lots of liquor. His garage is loaded with wine and toilet paper(good combination). When I fired the car earlier, I was letting the car idle and I was standing behind the car letting it idle when I look across the street and hear his screen door slam open and notice the man on his cell phone, cuping his hands over his eyes! The grump *** was giving my address to them, im certain!! Its ridiculous, as I can bairly hear the cars ruining simultaniously from his front yard! The police told me that it was disturbing his sleep and that I was waisting my time with things that irritate him. #$%k that. This is a free country and every one else on my end of the street has NO problems with the cars. NONE. They actually enjoy them. The police told me that if I want to work on my vehicles, I need to take them to the park and work on them there. I thought to myself about the retardation in that comment. Wouldn't others complain there?! I simply said "no" and they smiled and said next time would result in a large citation. I told them in return that I will see the cop on scene and the person responsible for complaning to court to discuss it in front of a judge.

The vehicles are fully exhausted and have C.A.R.B legal mufflers. I am not hot rodding down the street and I do not obnoxiously rev them either. I have power tools in my garage, excuse me, my father's garage that aren't cheap. I will not travel to a park when everything is there. When my father caught wind of this, he was pissed. He felt his rights were violated, just as mine were. He has a 66 Charger on the side of the house thats perfectly drivable behing the gates next to the gargage. Realistically, I should be able to work on my vehicles and run them in a reasonable and prudent way until 10 Pm when noise restrictions kick in. I usually stop at 830, just to be considerate, but early afternoon, forget it. I'm NOT catering to him at all. I spend too much money on these cars(my hobby), which is another big reason.

Everytime he comes outside, he scowls at me. He hates i when I park any vehicle in front of his house in the street. It is a public street, BTW. He always runs outside with his phone evry time start the car/s, even the flippen MH! One thing I know is that he never comes over and expresses his stinky opinions about our cars to my father or I. That is a good thing, as he will receive a much deserved ear full from the both of us if he does. He knows we are pissed. I should complain that he waters his lawn 6 times a day for 20 min at a time. What a waste!!! Or that he drives down the center of the street at 35 mph on a street where children are present. Arrrgh, the nerve. One thing is for certain, if I get penalized bc of his complaining, I will not let it go. I am following every rule, plus more. Its sad.

Sorry if I ranted too long, but I cannot stand people who think they are above it all and think they deserve special treatment. I usually respect everyone, but I do not respect him. He should not abuse his rights, as I do not. I wish there was something I can do about it. I thoght about having a civilized conversation with him, but I don't want to lower myself too much when I am not wrong in what Im doing. Im so scared to put headers on my Duster that I am thinking of towing my truck down to my father;s work yard to break in the new motor this week. It makes things less enjoyable and more complicated.:angry7:

Where I'm from I don't think we have this law. I do however live in a townhouse community and we're not allowed to have unlicensed cars in our reserved parking spots and we're not allowed to work on our cars in our own driveways. I got a verbal warning from one of the workers here when putting brakes on my Dart Sport but I stated that I couldn't afford to send the car out to a shop so he didn't say much. And when I stripped my Duster for parts I got a few bad looks from a few realestate agents trying to sell neighboring homes lol, I had it completely gutted cept for the rear axle with the front radiator support on the ground lol.

OK,listen up.
Everyone with a loud car: Early morning Cruise In this Saturday at Wontgetdusted’s house.
Well, it is a good plan anyway.:bootysha:

What I wrote doesn’t help you with your immediate problem.
But since you think it is a noise issue, once you get thru this maybe it will be time to get a motorcycle to work on during the weekends.
It can be loud and you can hide it.
Did you see “The World Fastest Indian”?
If anyone hasn't seen it, watch it.
It is worth seeing.

Or how about this?
Two words: chainsaw repair.

-
Back