Got some baselines at the 1320 now some help

-
Sorry had a crazy weekend

My convertor is Hughes 3500 off the shelf garbage
My car is all steel and steelers but pretty gutted
Weighs under 3000 lbs
And with my last flat tappet cam it ran same time but more mph so now it has more power so it's lacking fuel u can hear it when ur at the track
I bought a new fuel pump let's see what happens

NICE CAR!! I like it a lot! I am assuming stock body - as in no fiberglass - so I calculated 3500lbs. @ 112.92mph - - you're pushing about 393hp - sound right? If the car is 3400lbs. the same mph would be about 382hp. - if those hp # are close to what you think you have - you are running just about what you should be - - what's under the hood? How much does the car weigh?

What's under my hood is a eddy headed stroker motor
And my car is under 3000 lbs and is all iron even steelies for wneels

Your time slips are really close to what my old 340 ran, 1.52 60', 7.24 @ 94, 11.60 @ 116. I'd install a fuel pressure gauge that you can see while making a pass so you know what's happening.

Work on giving it more fuel at this point.....
I agree on adding a fuel gauge to read for pressure... That or your in need of a data logger to read after the runs....
Keep chipping at it...

after you get your fuel issue solved i would look into the following based off how the car performs.
Call hughes and tell them what your trap RPM, gear and tire size is (as well as car weight engine specs ect.) and and find out if 10 to 12% slip is ok? i think you will want something more in the 5-7% range. See if they can tighten it if needed. If your unit is making more power than what they used to come up with that stall number you may actually be stalling at a close to 4500 and the unit my be "loose" past that. I dont think the verter is the main issue just another piece that could be addressed.
I think you need to go to a bigger gear. if it doesnt loose power unitll 6800 you need to be trapping at about 7000+. With the gear you have right now you are using up too much 1/4 mile rel estate in a lower transmission gear. You need to be in 1 to 1 sooner so that you trap closer to 7000+. I have a hunch that after you solve the fuel issue if you shifted the car at like 6200 with that current gear in the back the car would run faster both ETA and MPH. I personally think changing your gear will give you the most results because even if you have 10%+ slip you still are not trapping in the RPM range that it should based off what you said the engine did on the dyno.

-
Back