Got stoned today.....

-
If you ride, then you've got stories.
I've always worn full-face helmets but still enjoy the wind-in-the-face feel occasionally. I was out on a ride a few years ago on a warm spring day and had my face shield flipped up an open. Lots of flowers blooming so lots of butterflies. Riding down a two-lane back road I saw one flitting across the road in front of me. I was dodging and weaving on the bike saddle to try to miss it. At the last moment it dodged, I weaved, and it hit me right in the left lens of my sunglasses. Big ol' splat and couldn't see out of that side until I pulled over and got it washed off.
A couple of months later I was out on another ride and felt a sting on my arm. I thought I must have hit a fly or something and didn't think much of it but it kept stinging. Looked down at my arm after about 30 seconds or so and saw a stinger in my arm with the venom sack still attached and pulsing away. Don't know what it was that I hit but ended up going to the doctor the next day when my arm swelled up. I'd never been allergic to bee stings before. Still don't know what it was that I hit.
The honey bee leaves a stinger ocdart, as well as a wasp, hornet and bumble bee, the wasp will die after using it's stinger as do most, so that one will not sting anyone again :D, same here not allergic but my youngest brother is :?
he got nailed by a honey bee on the shoulder and I was confused :?:?
They (my grandmother and mom) snagged him up and I could her tires spinning as they took off to a dr's office in the next town 20 od miles away..
I jumped down off the tractor and asked what happened :?
It turns out I was not updated on his allergy to bee stings :sad5:
He could have suffocated... I get tagged at least once a year :D

cicadas will be out this year be careful.

funniest thing i had run across in front of me when riding my bike was a frikken EMU

it was about 6:30 in the mornin i was only half awake... i was like wtf?

apparently someone in that area raises them lol.

I have been stung many times over the years. Usually with little or no reaction Last summer I went over a nest with the riding mower never saw them coming, but believe they were yellow jackets. Got me six times-legs, arms, back and face.
I got up to the house and applied ice and took Benadryl. Seemed to be Ok till I tried to eat something and realized my throat was swelling shut. Went to ER where they did not waste any time getting me on IV. I was down for nearly a week after, felt like I had the flu. They still don't consider me to be highly allergic, just absorbed too much too quick. A couple weeks later, a wasp got my hand. I put ice on it and an hour later it was barely noticeable.

Just on the news the other night, someone around here hit a horse or moose on the highway. He was ok, luckily.

Just on the news the other night, someone around here hit a horse or moose on the highway. He was ok, luckily.

Ouch.......

One thing that always concerned me when I rode in AZ was those Africanized Honey Bees. They are know to swarm and kill things. Was not one summer towards the end of my stay there that at least monthly there was a news report of a person/pet/livestock being killed by them. Not my idea of a fun way to die.....out cruising around on the bike and get swarmed/stung/killed by a bunch of bees.....

I am a catastrophe insurance adjuster. It always cracks me up when people point to the stone and saying chips all over the front of their car and their windshield And tell me the hail did this. I always say let's go look at your trunk lid and see how bad the hail chipped the paint on it. Some people still don't get the point I'm trying to make!

Caught a hornet right at the base of my neck and went down my shirt. I pulled over ASAP, jumped off the bike and was dancing around trying to get my gear off as the hornet was biting the crap out of me. I ended up with a row of bites running down my chest and stomach. I must've been quite the sight...

Been behind an uncovered gravel truck at 65 too. That was when I decided to use chaps on long trips.

That would've been a video.
Did something similar myself, except it was the back of my left thigh.
Right in the middle of town, I pulled over and dropped my pants to get the fricken stinger out.....

That would've been a video.
Did something similar myself, except it was the back of my left thigh.
Right in the middle of town, I pulled over and dropped my pants to get the fricken stinger out.....

Roflmao!! I'm glad I've never had to do that!!

-
Back