Got the car back today

-

Viper21700

Reaction score
Well the brakes work fantastic now, nice pedal feel (I had the complete brake system rebuilt and upgraded with a dual mc)
Decided to play a little today, bought some new spark plugs for the old girl. pulled the old ones out, and they had that nice poo-brown color.. not too grey, not black.. just about perfect... regapped the new plugs back to .35, dropped them in, started her up.. she runs good. made me happy as heck..
Finally installed the bolt for the rear seat that Cosig from on here hooked me up with, so the back seat actually folds down correctly now lol... All in all its been a pretty good day.. On the downer note- went to get some new cheap round rolling thingies, aka tires, (cheap as in 45$ a new tire.... el-cheapo specials aka Goodyear Walmart specials.... no need in spending serious money on rubber when the rear axles getting upgraded soon, as well as the front hubs to a LBP setup) and wally world said since my lugnuts on the drivers side were reversed thread, they could not install or touch my car... They said company policy was to use the pneumatic torque wrench, and that it wouldn't torque reversed threaded nuts.... laughed my *** off and walked out... don't people know how to use a manual torque wrench these days??

I like Discount Tire here because they always use a manual torque wrench. I have also had good luck with the wheel balances.

My neighbor called recently needing help with a stuck lug nut. I grabbed my 3/4" drive and sockets, ran there and he already rounded the nut off. I asked where he took it last, he said Wal-Mart. It was a big Chevy truck, the nut was inset in the alloy wheel. What a mess to try to cut the nut. I suggested he take it back.

-
Back