Got the Demon today! Well sorta!

-

BJS racing

Not all there!
Reaction score
Had a buddy go pick up the Demon today to drop off at the house for me. Well guess my luck is starting bad with the car. He went and picked the car up, no problems. He got to the house to drop it off and then the fun began. He went to unload and the wheel was turned. Problem one. No key to unlock the steering wheel. Problem 2. Car was in park and no key. So he had to take it to his storage lot and leave it on the trailer til this week end and I'll take the shift linkage and the steering knukle off so that we can turn it and move it. Also the rear tires went flat from the yard to the house so I'll have to get an air tank just to roll the dang thing. So I guess now the fun begins.

Here's a few pics of the Demon. I already started deconstruction and will let you know the plans for the car soon.

demon1.jpg

demon9.jpg

demon5.jpg

demon11.jpg

L/R 1/4, front driver floor and the spare tire well are the only places that look like they will need some attention. Not bad all in all.

BJS racing said:
L/R 1/4, front driver floor and the spare tire well are the only places that look like they will need some attention. Not bad all in all.

Those are normal rust areas for most A-bodies.
Here in the rust-belt the front inner fenderwells are also notorious for rust problems.

Like Evilscamp said , it looks like you`ve got a relatively good body to start with. The important thing is that you`ve found the car you`ve been looking for all these years. I looked for a `68 Dart GTS for years and never did find a decent one I could afford. Good luck with whatever you do with it, and I look forward to seeing more of it`s progression in future threads.

Thanks guys. So far everything else is looking good on the car. I'm not too worried about the torsion bar cross memeber as far as the torsion bars are concerned. I am doing a coil over conversion on the car. The inner fenders are coming out of the front. I am going to redo alot of the car. So if you know any one that can use the inner fenders let me know. Core support will most likely stay though.

Get the spot weld cutter out ! Im sure you can find someone that needs the inners.

-
Back