Got the MSD setup in....and

-

Demon_Dan

Reaction score
works great , love the quick startups and reliability it provides , i used the lite blue and lite silver springs and the 18 degree bushing set the timing to 18 degrees giving a total of 36 degrees ..only issue is i notice quite a hesitation when i take off at low speed ..is this a timing issue or a mixture issue THANKS!

could be to rich of carb, to small of convertor, or the springs in the distributor may be the light ones advancing it to quick, tell us more on your combo:profilel:

try the lite blue and lite silver springs. have you richened up the rods on the eddy carb? in the booklet go to (i think) #23 setting which is just a rod jump.

i am using the lite blue and lite silver springs, far as the carb ..i dont know the first thing about playing with the innards of the carb ..can you explain that in kindergarten terms?

ooops. i thought i read 2 lite silvers! the metering rods on the top airhorn are held in place by a torx screw that holds a cover over them. if you undo the torx screw, you can carefully remove the metering rod/piston. then you pull the edge of the spring retainer down that holds the rod to the piston and the piston will slide out. then replace it with the # that is stated in the book. when re installing the rod/piston assembly, drop it in and carefully press it down to make sure its not binding.

now doing this will allow more fuel is that the point? because this carb has been on a shelf for a while and was thinking of jumping up to a 650 anyhow? does that make a diff ?

no. getting a 650 is a waste of money. you can make this 600 work fine. a bigger rod is actually skinnier to allow more fuel on the power and cruise modes. you may need to pull the airhorn off and set the floats right.

Cool ill ask around to get that booklet ..im sure its long gone now ..if you say i can make it work ill go with it ...gonna have to eather baby step through it or ask my mechanic to do this for me ..i just need those part numbers.thanks a ton redfastback , your always there with the answer :-D

while i have you ear also ...the fast start ups with the ignition is nice with this MSD set up but still when the car is hot its struggles to start ..is that this vapor lock im hearing about . should i take steps to cool off that intake? spacer or the like?

you could use a resin/wood style spacer to keep it cool. mine sometimes has to crank a bit when hot as well, since i have no choke tower. i even have an airgap. if the float drop is too low, there is less gas to evaporate and may cause a hard hot start. here is the link to the booklet. if it does not go thru, go to eddys website and go to installation/tech and then the 1000 series download and choose the 1406 owners manual.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/misc/tech_center/install/1000/1406_manual.pdf

if i ever get out your way i owe you a beer or beverage of choice. Thanks a million man.

-
Back