got the slant six fixed,but

-

MY68/6GT

Reaction score
man what a mess got her up and running ,tons of torque/hp, but it broke the drivers side torsion bar,snapped it right in half . Has this happened to any of you guys???? i mean snapped in half....WTF

It has happened to a couple of guys here IIRC but it's not a common thing. Usually caused by damage to the bar at some point in it's life and fatigue. One story I heard was of a car sitting at a shop and someone hearing a loud bang with no one around, upon inspection the bar was snapped. I keep a set sitting in the garage for peace of mind..

yeah I've got to update my car domain page to include my 4-speed and some other stuff I've done. Wish I could have kept the chrome bumpers but they were to far gone to save with the funding available at the time. AND I should get around to updating my avatar pic too, but I'm lazy :)
I had to rebuild the center console to include space for a shifter :angry7: but it does give me an opportunity to put some speakers in the console and a cubbyhole for the mp3 player and crap. Even hidden storage.
IMHO blue is a great color for a Duster

-
Back