got to drive my dream car today...

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
...and come to think of it, every day for the last few weeks, ever since I got the 408 back from MRL

I love driving my little duster :D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfrJWN1ZETI"]duster warm up - YouTube[/ame]

hows that?

What's up with that?
Not broke in yet or...?

It's the same color as the tire smoke (light blue) and only does it when you rev it.

Attachments

• smoke.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 386
great exhaust note and nice burner out

thanks, I'm very happy with her

Any 1/4 mile times yet???

no, I don't think ill be able to get her down the track this year
there are one or two things that need to be addressed first...not in the least the open differential (you cant tell from the vide0, but the driver side rear wheel never moved)

but she sure feel quicker then the 225 did

Yeah it's got some oil burning issues alright.

What's up with that?
Not broke in yet or...?

It's the same color as the tire smoke. (light blue)

the engine had a few dyno pulls on it, and maybe 100 miles, when I took that video
I also had a slight flooding issue at the time (my bad, I accidentally set the float to high when I tried to pour some gas in there the first time I fired her up)

the engine had a few dyno pulls on it, and maybe 100 miles, when I took that video
I also had a slight flooding issue at the time (my bad, I accidentally set the float to high when I tried to pour some gas in there the first time I fired her up)

I noticed when you goosed it a little before the burnout it puffed a little smoke, and then cleared up when you let off.
Then it really started blowing smoke when you layed into it for the burnout.

Hopefully it just needs to be run in some more.

Yeah it's got some oil burning issues alright.

I noticed when you goosed it a little before the burnout it puffed a little smoke, and then cleared up when you let off.
Then it really started blowing smoke when you layed into it for the burnout.

Hopefully it just needs to be run in some more.

I'm hoping it is just a matter of everything needing to get sealed up and worn in
I haven't noticed it smoking myself (but then, I didn't notice it in the video either)

idle is rough....sounds like it needs a tune up

:D
nice, it must a mountain of TQ

ive since adjusted that float and dialed in the timing, she idles a lot smoother now

according to the dyno sheet torque peaks at 470 lbs-ft. (cant remember the exact range, maybe by 4400 RPM)

Congrats on the new motor.... Sounds great!

I hope you have the frame tied, cause all that torque might twist the body when it hooks up.

frame connecters are on the list...but right now its not hooking at all, it just spins the passenger side tire

frame connecters are on the list...but right now its not hooking at all, it just spins the passenger side tire

Ah the design of the one legger. :D
I was just up at the store with the wife and it is raining off and on here.
Off one of the lights she said "what is that noise?" and I told her it was that right side tire spinning.
Under totally normal takeoff conditions it started spinning as it went across the painted crosswalk stripe and kept spinning for 30-40 feet at just over an idle practically.(for sure not over 1,500 rpm's.)
I'm sure it has to do with these tires, as they have always seemed slippery even on dry pavement.

On a gradual left turn under acceleration it'll break em both loose at the same time.
(like a left turn at a light) because it distributes the weight more onto the right tire.

Sounds great , you really need a posi unit , if not you'll spin `1/8th a mile

-
Back