Got to love free stuff

-

dartcuda

Mopar Or No Car
Reaction score
Ok not Mopar but free is always good.. Got a Stanley 17.5 hp riding lawn mower and a 14 hp John Deere... Both are the hydro-matic... The Stanley wouldn't move at all... The lady that had it said that she had the trans redone and was mowing up a small hill and it just stopped moving... Well took the rear end apart and found the slider that engages the rear was stripped out.. $22.50 later it is a good running mower and cuts great.... The John Deere the guy said he worked on it for a long time but wasn't getting any fuel.. He replaced the fuel pump but still wouldn't do anything.. Well we go it and started looking it over.. Comes to find out when he put the new pump on he got the hoses backwards,, It too is a great running machine.. Sure will help out around the shop.. A third one not is a 18 hp. Had to rebuild the carb.. My buddy has it at his moms house using it up there..

Cool. I got my last car like this. It died on my coworkers son, he tried to fix it and gave up. Turned out to be a $10 part.

That's the story of my life! Most of the time the crap I bring home for free is junk, but I take it anyway and then sort it out later. But looks like you got a sweet deal!!

Outstanding dartcuda,:cheers: could not have happened to a beter guy
I can tell you the yellow decked John Deere is a dandy, The yellow deck ones are build heaver and better
Glad to here they found a good home that will keep them cutting:-D

We also get a lot of free junk sometimes. have gotten many of free cars that we have parted out and got a lot of good stuff off of them.. My daily driver which is a 89 LeBaron coupe was free. Had some front end damage, but not bad.. have been driving it since day one.

-
Back