Got to work on and drive a really neat car...

-

hellion_locdogg

Slant Sickness
Reaction score
Not a Mopar, but I got to drive a 1966 Austin Healy Sprite last night. The car is a 100% pro restore, very nice. It belongs to a friend at work who asked if I knew about points. He said it was running rough and so he decided to change points, cap and rotor, then he could not get it to fire. I asumed he had mixed up the plug wires or the dizz was out of time. The dizz is keyed offset and only goes in ONE way and the wires are screwed in by the inside on the cap. We found that cyl#3 exhaust valve adjuster backed all the way out too. So after a valve job, lining up timing marks and checking TDC and NUMEROUS atempts we could only get it to backfire on all 4cyl. It dawned on me that maybe the "pro" who built it may have "slipped up". I finaly decided to swap the wires 180 and VIOLA...
It turns out that the dizz drive key was pinned on 180 out, so much for "pro"...

,Cliff

Those are cool. My auto shop instructor in high school had one. Was British racing green. Little ugly bugeyed bastard but it was cool.

It's about as close as you can get to a street legal go-kart. lol It was neat to work on and even cooler that he let me drive it. :-D

-
Back