GPS Tracker

-

Gr8polarbear

Reaction score
Looking to get a gps tracker for my valiant. Does anyone have any recommendations. I am looking for something that has a really long lasting battery or needs wired up and has a back up battery. So far the best I have cam up with is the Trackmate GPS Bolt. I am not to worried about the car when it is in my possession or in my garage. But, I am taking it in a few weeks to get the trans pulled and rebuilt. I am not saying I don't trust the place I am taking it, but for some reason if it is outside the shop that is when I would worry. Plus it would be nice to have one as a just in case of theft.

I have two Optimus GV-50 units... $49 & $12 a month... If either of my cars moves at all I get a text within 30 seconds... I can lay a hand on my fender & I get notified... I do occasionally get false notifications but since I already have the phone out all I need to do is open the app & I can see where both cars are located & if they are moving in real time...

Since I actually drive my cars a lot this allows me to park the car & walk away... Knowing I'll be notified should anything be happening... Since I have other deterrents in place I probably have time to catch someone in the act but if not I can either track them myself or involve LE...

The units tie into vehicle power but also have an internal battery that's good for about six hours...

One vehicle I had transported from Texas to California, I was able to track it's progress the whole way, I knew when they stopped for fuel, for food, to rest... Part of the route took them within 50 miles of Mexico, I watched them run parallel to the border then turn North.... I felt better after they made that turn...

I can also go back and see where I've been... Look at speed & elevation changes

IMG_7974.PNG

Looks like it would need to plug into and OBD2 port, so that wouldn't work on old cars. How about an Apple air Tag with a charger hooked to it and hidden up under the dash?

Looks like it would need to plug into and OBD2 port, so that wouldn't work on old cars. How about an Apple air Tag with a charger hooked to it and hidden up under the dash?
Ultimately i believe that is what ill end up with. Oddly, i don't have an iphone, but everyone i know does....or.......i get one. The ol galaxy note5 has done well..... and doesn't listen to me.

That's a good thing about no listening! I have an OLD i- Phone 6S and can be standing in a corn field in the middle of nowhere. If I talked about purple haired, googly eyed fat girls that sell mopeds while standing in that corn field, by the time I got home I'd have 25 ads on the computer for purple haired googly eyed fat girls near me selling mopeds! :BangHead:

:rofl:

-
Back